Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because who doesn't want thousands of dollars of bikes being kept from falling over with a $10~ diy bike rack made from a few 2x4s ???? :)

well better than was the previous solution of bike tetris..

Attachments

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
Nice job confronting an issue and constructing a solution. As you gain skills and ride more often, you will want to consider an aluminum version. If you go aluminum, definitely go anodized, paint or powdercoat will look like ass very quickly. If you find yourself moving the rack frequently, the consensus here on mtbr will no doubt have you go carbon fiber. Much less feed back to your arm muscles than aluminum.

Wait a minute. Do I see a knot? You used ConStruct 2 Standard grade? If this were Pinkbike I would have to give you a 7 out of 10. :D

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Nice. Gotta have a rack when the bikes start accumulating!

Here is a shot of mine. I started w wood to perfect the design. Then went aluminum. First time welding pretty much anything.

Im currently studying up on cf assembly just now. :) Not!

I do recommend the vertical part as it puts less stress on the wheel and i still use the prototype for day to day maintenance washing etc.

SHOW US YOUR RACK!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. Gotta have a rack when the bikes start accumulating!

Here is a shot of mine. I started w wood to perfect the design. Then went aluminum. First time welding pretty much anything.

Im currently studying up on cf assembly just now. :) Not!

I do recommend the vertical part as it puts less stress on the wheel and i still use the prototype for day to day maintenance washing etc.

SHOW US YOUR RACK!!!
oh nice that aluminum rack is f'ing epic.... nicely done indeed... I need to make me one of those now.... good stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.