Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this thurs. I will be recieving my 19" Kona coiler frame from wheel world (woo! i love being tall :thumbsup: ) Anyways, i figured the first things i'd buy would be the Fork/Rear shock. Here's what i've come up with, what do you guys think/suggest?

Rock Shox Pike 426:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-07-Rock-Sho...ryZ58086QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

and for the rear:
Marzocchi Roco R Air Shock (7.875x2.25, i'm not sure what the correct size is to be honest)

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=15938&category=2644

·
I railed it like Kong
637 Posts
Zoke has a new air shock with piggyback coming. Wait for it and just throw something cheap on their until they are available.

And that pike with 140mm is too short. Find a Zoke 66

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the 66 series looks pretty good but i can only find them in 180mm. I would like a fork that can do drops/whatever but isn't "too much" for climbing. How about the Bomber Z1 (the orange one)? And the rear shock, what dimensions do i need?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Why a new rear shock? As for the fork, go for something with a little more travel, like a 66, or better yet, the 2008 55.

If you do get an upgrade rear shock, you can fit a 2.25" in there with fine clearance to gain almost and inch of travel.

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
bustang
i was in the same boat as you beggining o the year. i didnt need a rear shock though. i bought the fork befor i got the frame and went with a pike 454 u-turn. i fitted a firm spring and then had to fit an xttra firm. its a great fork but deffinately not enough for the coiler unless you are only planning to do trail riding.
now i am in a positon of having to decide on another fork. the z1 definatley over the pike.
i would dig a 66 with eta so i can still climb but geez, loads of dough. i am currently considering the z1 and the domain for budget reasons.
i have been posting for reviews of the domain to see if it is worth the savings.
those with 66's i would like to know what the 66 rc2x 150mm would be like. the a-c would be ok and it has bigger stanchions so will be stiffer than the z1 but would it have the same bottom out abilities? no eta so not as capable as the z1. is there any compresion adjust like the rock shox? i dont mind riding at full travel but the pike has the compresion and floodgate which rocks for climbing, even at full travel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts