Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember when you were a little sprout playing in the sand at the beach, making sand castles? Fortunetly, Me and my friends never outgrew that. We found a couple of new boulders to play on. It took a little bit of rearranging a few things, and they were ready to play on.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
jh_on_the_cape said:
nice pics. what's up with the guy taking a close up shot of that woman's... T shirt?
Perspective?

It looks like he is taking a close up of the bike and not the woman. Hey, it is a Jones!

·
Fat boy Mod
2,381 Posts
...me wants jones... i'll settle with a titec H bar for now i suppose haha...

good pics man

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hey Aqua,

How have the Ardents been treating you? Do you miss the cush of the Weirwolf up front?
Even though its not the best performer, I have a hard time staying away from the comfort of the wolf on my Jones, they really take the edge off.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
morandi said:
Hey Aqua,

How have the Ardents been treating you? Do you miss the cush of the Weirwolf up front?
Even though its not the best performer, I have a hard time staying away from the comfort of the wolf on my Jones, they really take the edge off.
You're right...The Weirwolf does a pretty good job of taking the edge off, no question. It's tough to beat the high volume casing of that tire. But, the traction, or lack of..was leaving me second guessing some lines, at times.

The Ardent doesn't quite match up as far as comfort, regardless of how low I air it down. But, they make up for it with a burlier sidewall and slightly more aggressive knob pattern. I like it enough, that I'm running an Ardent on the front of my 26" squish bike.

I've had good success running the Ardent, tubeless, on a Flow rim. It's a reliable combo that performs quite well on our martian-like surface.

I'm looking forward to trying out the 2.4 version of the Ardent, soon. That should be a killer tire.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yeah the weirwolf is fine for the first several rides, but as soon as those little knobs start rounding over, watch out.......You are know longer riding those tires, they're taking you on a ride.
Though a bit heavy, and slow when I'm riding my bike as a single, I really like running a stout in the front and rampage rear. Despite not having the huge air volume of the wolf, the stout feels surprisingly cushy up front.
I too am looking forward to the 2.4 Ardent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts