Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Specialized FSR xc fram which i'm building from the ground up. I'm looking for some imput as to what might be some of the better stuff to put on it.....so far was told fox 100rlt forks.....raceface evolve xt crankset...and a thompson seat post.......other suggestion would be appreciated...
thanks
jeff

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Well...

whitebiker7000 said:
I have a Specialized FSR xc fram which i'm building from the ground up. I'm looking for some imput as to what might be some of the better stuff to put on it.....so far was told fox 100rlt forks.....raceface evolve xt crankset...and a thompson seat post.......other suggestion would be appreciated...
thanks
jeff
Shimano Hollowtech cranks are nice as well as their XT rings & cassette. You can go XTR for derailleurs or SRAM X.0 or X.9. Avid disc brakes or Maguras. Mavic rims, Chris King hubs, Time pedals or Crank Bros. pedals. ODI lock on grips. Shimano or SRAM shifters (XTR/X.0). Whatever WTB/SelleItalia/Specialized body geo saddle makes your butt grin. Chris King headset perhaps. Heck just give Speedgoat a call. They can set you up real nice with all the highend stuff.

·
a e i o u and sometimes y
111 Posts
Money! I'm sure we can set you up with the lightest and most durable set of clipless pedals for between $600 - $700.

Seriously, would help to know your budget, size, riding style, intended use, favorite color, etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
about me

well...i'm 5'10" short legs...lol..28 inseem....225 lbs......mostly easy going single track riding with the odd rough, over the bar, trip......lol....the bike is a blue that comes on the specialized frame....as for budget....looking to put high end equipment on it...xtr, raceface...fox shocks...etc....it's a slow ebay build...lol
thanks again.
jeff

·
Registered
928 Posts
Do you like to go fast?

If you like to go fast then for a wheelset I'd recommend Cane Creek Zonos Disc rims. I have a used set of Zonos SS rims and these things fly! Although I am running Hutchinson Python Airlights which are a very fast tire. If you like speed that's the set up I'd recommend for a wheelset. Bang for the buck they can't be beat.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Be Wary of ebay parts

I forgot to mention be very wary of any ebay parts you may be purchasing. You'll see a lot of stuff on there and much of it is old and outdated or generic knock-offs. You really need to be an experienced parts person to know and trust what you're getting. I've seen Shimano front derailluers that you can purchase new from Jenson or Performance for $59.99 go for $70 on ebay, it just doesn't make any sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.