Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a new superlight...
Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport

its the rxc kit with RP23 rear and i was just wondering what i should build on it first. like what should i switch out first to make it lighter? any suggestions will be appriciated:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
f100 i was thinking wheels, but i was also thinking new seatpost, bars, mayb stem...then wheels. are there any specific parts that work well on the superlight(and its XL)?

·
Registered
324 Posts
sooner518 said:
does it have a Fox F100 or F120 on the front? maybe go for some new wheels
Congrats on the SL- great bike!

IMHO, just ride it a couple hundred miles before throwing more money down to try and shave it down some neglible weight.

If your cash is burning a hole in the pocket go for a wheel or tire upgrade that you can feel a difference when riding. An RX kit should have come with some good quality, lightweight, post, stem, bars already.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
enr1co said:
Congrats on the SL- great bike!

IMHO, just ride it a couple hundred miles before throwing more money down to try and shave it down some neglible weight.

If your cash is burning a hole in the pocket go for a wheel or tire upgrade that you can feel a difference when riding. An RX kit should have come with some good quality, lightweight, post, stem, bars already.
ya thanks for the advice

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you want it light, go with wheels first. Rotational weight is the weight that counts most. Next, cranks. Then cassette. All the stuff is new though man. If you want it really light, check out the weight weenie forum, there is a ton of stuff on there.

My Advice:just ride it till something breaks then upgrade it with something nicer. It's a nice bike, I built it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha ya its sick i was just wondering for future reference..thanksssss i think im def gonna try to race it this summer

·
Registered
162 Posts
racing can be a little different. I'd recommend a speedometer so you can monitor your average speed. They're a cool thing to have on a bike.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the Cat eye strada wireless. It costs a little more than a wired one, but no wires in my opinion looks really a lot cleaner and better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts