Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks i am building on my property next weekend. call me or email me as i will have a 20ft double into 25 ft road gap done by saturday. my plan is to build a 30 foot double after the road gap. i also would like help with the main trail. so far i have it lined up for a three small drops and then it lines up to a huge rock i would like to build a tabletop jump approach to rock drop of 12 feet or so. i am looking for a reliable, small build crew. those folks will have a free, legal place to ride if they build, ride and dont brag about the place so it becomes another disaster of illegal builds and riders who dont have permission to be there. i hope to build and ride with some of you this season. pix will be up this week.

mark caminiti
720-635-7429
[email protected]

·
eci
2,712 Posts
dream4est said:
hey folks i am building on my property next weekend. call me or email me as i will have a 20ft double into 25 ft road gap done by saturday. my plan is to build a 30 foot double after the road gap. i also would like help with the main trail. so far i have it lined up for a three small drops and then it lines up to a huge rock i would like to build a tabletop jump approach to rock drop of 12 feet or so. i am looking for a reliable, small build crew. those folks will have a free, legal place to ride if they build, ride and dont brag about the place so it becomes another disaster of illegal builds and riders who dont have permission to be there. i hope to build and ride with some of you this season. pix will be up this week.

mark caminiti
720-635-7429
[email protected]
mark sorry i havent gotten back to you, been super busy at work. im def up for building and will give you a call this week

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Hey Mark I might be able to head up Sunday. I'm going up to the Superfly dh race in Fort Collins on that Saturday but don't really have plans for Sunday. Should we plan on bringing bikes too? Also, are you in need of tools that we should bring for the day?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
todd give me a ring. tony bring a shovel at least. i will have a generator up there if anyone wants to build wood stuff. i have to go to work now but i will be back here later.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
dream4est said:
todd give me a ring. tony bring a shovel at least. i will have a generator up there if anyone wants to build wood stuff. i have to go to work now but i will be back here later.
Alright sweet. :) Not 100% sure I can go, but hopefully...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
an update on the building. ill be at the property all day thursday. anyone who is down call me. oh and i should have some pix up by then. i have at least 3 guys coming up sat and sun so it should be a good time to build. the weather has cleared so i will be up there uvery morning building starting tomorrow. bring beer and food and tools. and i will be very open to allowing peeps to build their own stunts.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
dream4est said:
an update on the building. ill be at the property all day thursday. anyone who is down call me. oh and i should have some pix up by then. i have at least 3 guys coming up sat and sun so it should be a good time to build. the weather has cleared so i will be up there uvery morning building starting tomorrow. bring beer and food and tools. and i will be very open to allowing peeps to build their own stunts.
I sure have been interested in helping you build on your property, but now that races are starting, I've got commitments on both the 7th and 8th. Keep posting on when you will have build sessions, because I would like to join in at some time when I can.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.thumper. said:
I sure have been interested in helping you build on your property, but now that races are starting, I've got commitments on both the 7th and 8th. Keep posting on when you will have build sessions, because I would like to join in at some time when I can.
i talked with doc about you guys building here but he has not got back to me yet. i told him i was not going to allow the whole team to come up but i may reconsider since you guys always have been pretty cool to me. i would be down to let all you guys ride/train here if i get a bro sponsorship from mojo. we should talk soon.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spceng said:
I might be there, but I might be building in the "back yard" this weekend...
did you move dave? are you living in the hills now? because when you say backyard like that i think that means our spot.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright another update. worked on the entrance double to the practice six pack. it looks like its gonna be a 20-23ft hip and it will double as the first jump of the main big line at a cross angle. the second hit is shaping up to be a road gap double (yes double- no easy road gap step downs here) of about 30 feet.
if your down for building saturday 5/7, we will be leaving my house at 9am.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is two pix of the set. the one with matt in it is looking uphill from the road gap landing. matt is standing on the landing of the first jump (about 35-40 in front of the road gap takeoff. sorry but these are construction shots and things are hard to make out. the next round of pix should show a more defined line). it will be at his head level when done. the other is looking downhill from what will be the road gap takeoff. the road gap is 35ft and will be a double upon completion. i will post more when the line takes better shape. i posted these because i wanted peeps to see we need your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the road gap/double has a takeoff now and more dirt has been added to landings 1 and 2 of the set im working on. im building tomorrow, tuesday the 10th if anyone is down. i have about 300 of the trail done too but im to the point where major work needs to be done to continue. a few days with a crew and we would have a short sweet trail. but so far its only a couple of guys so its goin slow. im still having fun digging but were a ways off from riding.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am building all day monday and tuesday. also thursday and fri morning. saturday 9-3. im going to reiterate that im looking for peeps to be part of my build crew. its a legal, free place to build/ride and i plan to eventually live there and own it long-term. this 'call to arms' is not an opened ended deal. once i get a reliable crew and we have a trail and session park done the window closes. the property is perfect for freeride trails. im down to let anyone be in the crew regardless of skill level. so far i have had some interest but no one wants to bust out shovels and tear it up (except me). i have had like 15 hours total donated build time by 4 guys. thats sad. ironically this was the same reason i stopped building at gunbarrel. no help. if you dont want to ride the rinky-dink jumps/stunts at keystone this summer come build with me. here is a list of the current stunts im working on:
1. 3 ledge drops small to medium.
2. 17 foot drop off ramp over large rock.
3. the trail then splits in two directions. a- a 35 or 55 foot road gap hit off ramps to large berm to step up out of a mineshaft to large rhythms. b- gap to elevated step up skinny to long skinny with a final hip drop to 20-25 foot double (that transfers to line a large rhyhms or if you hip it goes at the 35 foot road gap that i have posted pix of under construction)

thats just the tip of the iceberg. full dj park with length, 3/4 mile long trails with over 500ft elevation loss, session park and literally dozens of natty features (the step up out of a mineshaft entrance to the large rhythms will be a mindblower when you see it).
right now im putting in 20 hours a week but i need your help. more pix to come this week so stay tuned.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
again i'm willing but unable. i still have school for two weeks and am working on sat.
Mark I hate to make a sucky excuse but I'm like corbin...wanting but can't. I have school until the 25th, after that I should have a much larger chance at going.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Mark I hate to make a sucky excuse but I'm like corbin...wanting but can't. I have school until the 25th, after that I should have a much larger chance at going.
well im going to have a build day/barbeque soon but not until some trail building gets done.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im building all day tomorrow (tue) if anyone is down. im working on the drop over large rock. pix below. first two are above third is below. its about a 17-20 ft drop by 40 foot gap. there will also be a much smaller hip hit to the same landing. the takeoff ramp will be right where the chopped tree is in the first two shots. the landing will be where im standing in the third shot. the fourth shot is of the road gap shown earlier in thread. the takeoff is right below the aspen tree.

mark
720-635-7429

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.