Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Giant Robot
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an XS Locomoto for my wife in the classifieds. Looking forward to getting it built, but I have a couple of questions since Titus doesn't make the LM anymore and thus the specs are no longer posted on the website (and I don't have an owners manual).

1. Shock mounting holes: There appear to be four different mounting positions. I'm assuming these alter travel and/or geometry. Can anyone break down to me which one is what?

2. Bottom bracket: What is the ideal bottom bracket spindle length? Obviously the shell is 73mm, but should I go 113 or 118 with the spindle?

3. Ideal shock: Right now there's Vanilla R (non Propedal). I'm generally a fan of coils, but is there a favorite shock to run on this frame? Does anyone have any experience with non-platform shocks with the LM?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I build this in a way that my wife will really dig. This is her first particularly nice bike (Kona steel hardtail and Weyless SP prior to this) and I want her to notice the difference. Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dr Thunder said:
Picked up an XS Locomoto for my wife in the classifieds. Looking forward to getting it built, but I have a couple of questions since Titus doesn't make the LM anymore and thus the specs are no longer posted on the website (and I don't have an owners manual).

1. Shock mounting holes: There appear to be four different mounting positions. I'm assuming these alter travel and/or geometry. Can anyone break down to me which one is what?

2. Bottom bracket: What is the ideal bottom bracket spindle length? Obviously the shell is 73mm, but should I go 113 or 118 with the spindle?

3. Ideal shock: Right now there's Vanilla R (non Propedal). I'm generally a fan of coils, but is there a favorite shock to run on this frame? Does anyone have any experience with non-platform shocks with the LM?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I build this in a way that my wife will really dig. This is her first particularly nice bike (Kona steel hardtail and Weyless SP prior to this) and I want her to notice the difference. Any and all help is appreciated!
#1 bottom hole = 4" rear travel, next one up = 4.25", then 4.5" and the top one is 4.75"
does not alter geometry, although you will get a firmer ride with it in a lower hole.
#2 73x113 for my Race Face ISIS cranks
#3 I'm running an old Float RL form 2002 with no propedal, it works fine for me but you will get a better ride with one of the newer shocks for sure. I'll probably Push mine this winter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.