Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Karate Monkey that needs a new back rim. I saw on the Blue Sky cycling website that they have the WTB dual duty rims, on closeout for 24 bucks buy one get one free. that's about $15 a rim after shipping. Is that a good deal? Anyone have any experience with these rims, and are they worth buying hubs and spokes for? I have never laced a set of rims but I like tinkering with bikes. I like the looks of the rim brake rims with disk brakes. I have been on the look out for a set of Salsa Delgato rims, but these came up. Also for trail riding and bikepacking are cyclocross wheels (700c) a good idea?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know if cyclocross wheels were weaker than MTB wheels, closer to road wheels. I know they are narrower but the same diameter, but it looks like you can fit some fat tires on them. I was just wondering if they would be good for trails, bikepacking, gravel grinding. I ride mostly fire roads, some hiking trails, mixed with pavement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.