Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am in the process of building a 29er based on the Scale 29 Elite frame. Overall the bike will be quite neat (I hope) full XT with white Stan Arch wheels and hope pro II hubs, a Reba fork etc..
I have one question though - the frame is large and I really liked the geometry of the retail model. I was wondering if someone knows (or can measure) the height of the handlebar in the original bike. Could not get this number by looking on the frame geometry info.
Thanks!
Itay

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
The bike is finally all build... the only thing that I need to replace is the seat... but I already ordered one...
With respect to the height - I left some extra and will be testing it at several heights before I cut it to its final length...
Here are some photos of the final build (and a picture together with my other bike... :thumbsup:)

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I am not in the US it will be hard to give a number since prices are different. It ended up not too cheap... basically it was 1.5 fold more expansive than the retail price of the original Elite package. For this price you can get the Carbon version - I still think mine has better components than the original package and I also did not want a carbon frame - too stiff for my liking.... :)
Itay

·
Registered
205 Posts
Weight?

I just bought two of those...for myself and my wife. Our are right at 26 pounds. I just recieved a box with new cranks, seat posts, bars and stems...but even in stock form, that bike rides well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.