Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an online mentor to discuss building a downhill mountain bike. I have been researching quite a bit and I think I am going to build a Specialized Big Hit 2 completely custom. Tips/tricks and advice?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Avalanche Downhill Racing link to avalanche, they mod fox and rockshox forks with their own dampner system, it's worth it!

Clutch derailuer, is a mechanism within the derailuer that keeps the derailuer arm stiff while riding, this makes it much quieter and helps prevent the chain from coming off. Most modern mtn bike derailuers come with this feature such as the shimano saint/xtr/xt or the sram xx or xo

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I built my first bike without any prior experience a couple years ago. I found it to be pretty straight forward and have build a couple more since. My advice is don't skimp on brakes and get Saint shifter and derailleur. Bikebling.com has the shifter for $58 and the Derailleur for $104 and there is a 10% off coupon floating around for their site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.