Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I5Troll
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna help build something at Colonnade? When it's on the cover of your favorite mtb rag, wanna say: "I helped build that"? :D

We still have lotsa fun stuff to build, but there's only 2 months remaining and our volunteer #s have dropped (damn that nice weather). So we need your help. Is there anybody out there who can spare some time this summer to take on a small construction project at Colonnade? Do you have any ideas for something fun you'd like to build? Are we missing any particular skill areas that you'd like to address?

Email me: colonnade--at--bbtc.org. (I don't check mtbr PMs very often).

Here are a few things:

1. The Far South End -- on the other side of the Schleyer Drop. There will be an option to go straight past the Schleyer Drop by taking a steep rocky descent (already complete) --> into a berm to the left --> into a hip jump to the right (started -- thanks a ton Pip!) --> into small open area that has great potential for a fun feature or 2. It could be a U-Turn ladder bridge (like the one on Upper Oilcan), and/or a small drop, a teeter, a steep wooden roller, a fake boulder. We're totally open to ideas.

2. The Boxcar -- a Step-Up to a Ladder Bridge to a Drop -- at the bottom of the 2 left dirt jump lines -- a smaller version of the big cargo container on Freight Train. We've already build the frame for the step-up and filled it with good dirt (thanks a ton Ben & Tanya!). Now we need to shape the lip, build the bridge/drop and shape the landing. The bridge will also be an overpass with a climbing trail under it, so needs to be at least 6'8" high.

3. Lakeview Practice Area -- There's a flat area just west of Lakeview Blvd and north of the Rock Garden Line (aka Waterfall) that we're going to turn into a practice area with a collection of features for building skills. Focus is on progression from beginner to advanced. Example: 12" wide ladder bridge with turn-off options to a 6" wide log ride and a 3.5" wide skinny. Once again, we're open to ideas.

4. Need a few fun features leading into the far left/east trail. It currently starts just above the pumptrack. We want it to start at the intersection of Lakeview Blvd and the Lakeview exit (just west of the stop sign). You guessed it, we're open to ideas.

Or... just sign up for a work party: http://www.bbtc.org/recreation/calendar_view.php.

Or... just show up and ride, and if you see us out there working, lock up the bike and pick up a shovel for an hour.

Or... if you want to be a part of Colonnade, but can't afford any time to build...

Buy an Engraved Rock -- http://www.bbtc.org/donate/buy_a_rock.php.

Note: I'll be doing the Kettle Crest thing ~ 7/4-7/11 so will be outa commission that week. But after that... the blitz is on!!!!!

Thanks everybody for making Colonnade awesome!!!!!

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
Bump!

I see a lot of people out there just standing around watching other people ride. Maybe there should be a large obvious sign encouraging people to feel free to ask anyone working if they want help.

The latest work for the advanced lower section is awesome! The giant berm-bowl off the larger drop is going to be a blast.

·
Registered
443 Posts
mike, you know i'll be coming out on sundays now, possibly mondays too...call me or let me know projects that need to get done...some more eight hour days like last sunday should get things moving a little more quickly...every kid comin into gregg's talkin about heading out there to ride i tell to put some time in...hopefully summer willl bring out the groms.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Was down there today for a few hours, may stop by Sunday after my road ride. Evan if you don't like riding the stunts it's important to get as much done as we can before we start Duthie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.