Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first time posting to this forum, but I've been watching as a guest for a few months. I found a few mentions of an eBay seller here called aspirevelotech, so I went to check them out a couple of months back and have ended up buying from them a couple of times for an Ultimate Pro stand for my recent new bike (a Trek Fuel). But tonight, I was browsing their store and came across a pretty cool offering from them with their Chris King headsets. They call it Build Your Own Headset. It's pretty cool because it lets you choose any combination of colors on a Chris King headset right in the eBay ad. You can actually see what it will look like in real-time by choosing the color options and the picture of the Chris King headset changes as you choose the colors! I thought this was cool enough to mention to you all here since you've discussed this seller before, and it is Chris King we're talking about. I'm going to order one myself. :D

If you want to check it out,

http://stores.ebay.com/Aspire-VeloTech

·
crash test dummy
545 Posts
Maybe...

But their prices aren't particularly good. Speedgoat has Ultimate Consumer repair stands for 125 bucks shipped, and they've had that price for ages.

The headset color combinations are interesting though.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
They dont offer purple. Then again, I bought his last purple one :p . His prices are good. Its not $129 msrp, and he doesnt charge shipping. I payed $95, and $99 for my other new king headsets, but that was before the price increase. Inflation sucks. So does the higher cost of materials. I dont see how that is a new product or innovation though. It says that on Kings site. Any dealer can do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True, but....

TheRedMantra said:
They dont offer purple. Then again, I bought his last purple one :p . His prices are good. Its not $129 msrp, and he doesnt charge shipping. I payed $95, and $99 for my other new king headsets, but that was before the price increase. Inflation sucks. So does the higher cost of materials. I dont see how that is a new product or innovation though. It says that on Kings site. Any dealer can do that.
Yes, any dealer can do it. But show me someone that's actually doing it? Think about the materials that he has to have to offer this? And I've yet to find any local store that will do it, because they don't have the inventory to do it. I called them today, the guy's name is Mike. His deal is that he HAS the parts to deliver on your order now - not a special order and then wait a few weeks. Anyway, just thought I'd share with you guys -- I thought it was innovative. Sorry if I put this in the wrong folder...I'm new here. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.