Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 days ago I bought a shovel, as did my friend Derik. It rained yesterday and we built some jumps. The hard work payed off, now we have some decent jumps right in our own neighborhood.

On the treejump, there are 2 lines, either jump straight or jump to the right and land on the highside (but watch your head).

On the step-up you can jump onto the log and ride/tap/ or manual it, or just boost over the whole thing and land on the tranny.

These are the first jumps we have ever built, the work decently well.

Thought I would share...

-Evan

Attachments

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
ucsbwsr said:
3 days ago I bought a shovel, as did my friend Derik. It rained yesterday and we built some jumps. The hard work payed off, now we have some decent jumps right in our own neighborhood.

On the treejump, there are 2 lines, either jump straight or jump to the right and land on the highside (but watch your head).

On the step-up you can jump onto the log and ride/tap/ or manual it, or just boost over the whole thing and land on the tranny.

These are the first jumps we have ever built, the work decently well.

Thought I would share...

-Evan
those are really nice!

not too descrete though... but that one with the log looks like-

well as BJ put it, "heaps of fun"... :D

·
DOME Freeride Mafia
269 Posts
ucsbwsr said:
more w/ some action...
That looks pretty sweet. Cool to see people making jumps. I haven't done it (to that extent) for a while, but I remember how fun it was.
Nice Banshee, BTW.
-Primus

·
Registered
103 Posts
Rode these jumps today with Ev and they were alot of fun. The step up is way sweet!! You need ALOT of speed to hit it though. I still dont have it dialed in but it should be alot of fun once the ground drys out more. The tree double is alot of fun too but yea... watch out for that limb.

-Derik

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
You guys dont think it'll become a problem with all those houses and apartments or whatever right there? It just takes one pissed parent of a kid with a broke leg that tried to hit a jump on his Magna while you guys werent there, then ka-PLOW. By no means am I trying to criticize , but you can see a house in almost every picture. Just be careful, thats all Im sayin.

Next thing you know you got this audience.....

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
It looks sweet! I read an article in Mtnbike magazine that they were trying to crack down on "illegal" trails...if that counts...who knows. I wish I knew the issue but these kids were almost jailed for building these freeride trails in the local woods. Man, that sucks! When I was a kid, we'd spend many summer days working on the local "jumps" or bmx trail behind the church in the woods. We thought "nobody comes back here, what's the harm". Jeez, better than doing Drugs right? Breaking an arm meant that you really needed work on your technique. These days it's "Parent's sue the church for hosting dangerous trails"....damn parents! Let kids get hurt...most kids these days need it anyways! :D Anyways, cool jumps!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, while building we did try to keep the jumps on the DL, not making huge holes etc. When I am done sessioning I cover the step-up with that huge tree branch next to it and stash the wooden planks used on the run-in. The jumps are very easy to overlook with an untrained eye. Technically the jumps are in IV not the UCSB campus, which starts on the other side of the bikepath/walkway.

As for the old lady thing, we are more likely to have sorority girls watching and getting all giddy than old hags calling the cops. One of the guys who lived in the appartment building adjacent to the step-up asked what we were doing out there moving the dirt around... I said, "Building stuff to ride on bikes." He replied, "Awsome."

I think the spot is rather safe, UCSB shouldn't have any beef since it is not on campus and the IV footpatrol is too busy trying to bust kids for underage drinking and smoking pot. As long as the few select riders who know where this spot is continue to keep the jumps somwhat on the DL, we should be fine.

The hardtail is a Banshee Morphine.

-Evan

·
Registered
103 Posts
JSUN said:
on closer inspection:

................THIS OLD LADY IS LOOKIN BACK AT YOU LIKE, "O MY GOODNESS, WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PARK!?"
Thes are located right on the boarder of Isla Vista California... there is no such thing as "Old Ladies" here. Like Evan said, our biggest problem is keeping the sorority girls far enough away from the jumps so we are able to hit them. As far as the people that live in the apartments, it is jsut another form of IV entertainment. More pics coming soon....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.