Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
a63vette said:
Wondering if the build kits from places like adrenaline are generally good deals? Or is one better off buying piece by piece?

Thanks in advance!
A
I have found that in most cases that it is cheaper to get the items individually...

I won't name the sites, but I have seen them have package deals where if you bought the stuff individually on their site it would be cheaper..

best thing to do is check out a package, write down all the parts, then price them elsewhere, and see what you come up with...

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
It's generally cheaper and a better value to buy an attached build kit...with one big caveat. Are the items...especially the big items like fork, wheels, brakes...the ones you want for your bike? I mean, it's kinda illogical to get a build kit that has a fork you don't want and brakes you're not satisfied with. In those situations you're going to have a setup you don't like, or you're gonna have to sell those big ticket items and get your choice of items...a hassle. If you find a kit that has the big ticket items that work for you, even if there are some incidental items you're not crazy about, you can replace them later or sell those items. Just make sure that not too many of the incidental items are unsatisfactory or subpar.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Both TNC and MM have given good advice - it's spot on. As MM said sometime build kits can be cheaper, but just write down all the parts that are in the kit and price them individually and see if it really is a savings AND as TNC said it doesn't make sense buying a build kit if you can't find one that has in what you want - unless it's very small/cheap items and it's worth it for the savings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.