Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding near Jack's Lake north of Peterboro today & there were a few blackflies around when I was unloading the bike. Didn't come near me, so not biting yet. So if you want to ride in cottage country you'd better get out quick becaus eI bet they'll be around for the May 2-4 weekend.

BTW, it was partly cloudy & 24*C.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey, Kris, how was the boggy stuff? Last year at this time everything was pretty wet, I think this spring has been a lot drier.
Did you do the hydro line trail or the trails towards the Petroglyphs?

I plan on heading up this weekend, you gonna be around?

Greg

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only ran the hydro line from the Narrows Point Road south to where the E107 snowmobile crosses the line (just south of Ties Lake). Then I went west to what we call the "Deer Road" and back north. The only water on the "road" was where there always is running water.

Sorry, I won't be up next weekend. Hope you have a good ride.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Some nice hills on that Hydro trail!
I was riding north of Miton yesterday, saw lots of black flies around, I guess they were just out for a look, didn't get any bites.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I was north of there. I saw a couple out for a ride on Saturday when I was out for a short ride on the hydro line north of the pits. Sunday someone had ridden partway down towards the Petroglyphs gate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.