Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a takeoff on what was discussed on the previous thread. What are you using to rid yourself of the irritant bugs. And do you check for ticks?

I use "OFF" on ocassion and spray it on my clothes as well as arms and legs. I've never removed a tick or any other bug that has latched on to me. I ride mostly Ringwood, Chimney Rock and Sprain Ridge (NY).

·
Daddy of 3 now!
261 Posts
PingaMan said:
This is a takeoff on what was discussed on the previous thread. What are you using to rid yourself of the irritant bugs. And do you check for ticks?

I use "OFF" on ocassion and spray it on my clothes as well as arms and legs. I've never removed a tick or any other bug that has latched on to me. I ride mostly Ringwood, Chimney Rock and Sprain Ridge (NY).
What's up Pinga !? If you ride faster this year the bugs will not bother you. oooohhh, just kidding.. Hope to see you out there again this year..
Btw.. OFF is what I use, also...

later
T.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Another good product that works well is SkinSoSoft. I think its an avon product or something. Keeps all the bugs off you and smells much nicer than off! As someone who used to live in florida where the state bird is the mosquito, trust me this stuff works well and keeps you smellin fresh :D :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
I dont think I have ever pulled a tick off me at Hartshorne; the trails are pretty wide there and you dont come in contact with much vegetation. When I ride places like Mercer County or Allaire I spray a bit of off on my legs and then just do a quick check every 30 minutes or so while I am riding. Didnt find a single tick on me last year; maybe they dont like the way I taste :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
PointBoy said:
I dont think I have ever pulled a tick off me at Hartshorne; the trails are pretty wide there and you dont come in contact with much vegetation. When I ride places like Mercer County or Allaire I spray a bit of off on my legs and then just do a quick check every 30 minutes or so while I am riding. Didnt find a single tick on me last year; maybe they dont like the way I taste :)
I really like that Tick cartoon, but I thought it was cancelled. What channel is it on?:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lyme Rix Vaccine

I got the Lyme Disease vaccine (that has since been pulled from the shelves) about five years ago. Two shots the first year, one the next. Anyone else get this? I suppose that it's a bit disconcerting that I had something administered that has since been eliminated due to complications. I have absolutely no idea if it remains effective or what. For the amount of time I spend researching completely useless topics online, one would think that I researched this.

Oh well, seemed like a good idea at the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use an organic spray called Shoobug Insect Repellent, it is all natural and works just as well as deet without the negatives of deet (smell, taste, feel), so I spray it on my face and have no qualms. I'm not an "organic" person, I actually used to work for the chemical industry. I get this stuff at Wal Mart for $1 a bottle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.