Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Old Green Mountain to Milagrosa connector to be made more passable.

A good group of Phoenix and Tucson hardy riders and their good buds did some awesome trail work last season. If you've ridden there this year, you got to get a taste.

The forest service has a commitment from and avid group of riders mostly from the valley that looks as though may have slipped through the cracks of time.

Those that like tough trail riding should pay some dues. I know there is a group heading down to play in the snow on the trails this weekend so there is a start to adding to the work party. It is a great way to combine the ride on Sunday with a work day on Saturday. the snow will be cleared off and the trail needs to be ridden in.

WHO IS IN???

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MyBike'sBroken said:
Mikehell,

Let's try to get the work day to be on Sunday, the 21st. But whichever day it is, I'm in. :thumbsup:
I donj't know if the Forest Service works on Sunday. Since it is so darn cold, we will plan on a start at 8 AM at Le Buzz coffe shop and head up the mountian after the crew gets together.

I am hoping to get some of the healthy avid users to pitch in, but we'll take a guy with a broken neck too! My GF is coming out from Cali and is going to pitch in. We'll do a Prison Camp to Mili on Sunday. Bug Springs is a bit too much for most folks, thus the trail work.

I may post to FRW to see what kind, if any, response I get there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forest Service reply

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: 'Dale Wiggins'; [email protected]
Subject: Re: Bug Springs trail day 1/20/07

Michael and all,
I will meet all volunteers at 8am on 1-20-07. It will works best to meet at
Le Buzz on the corner of Tanque Verde and Catalina Hwy.
Hoping to see around 20 folks. We will have about a one mile hike to the
worksite. We will start at the lower Bug Spring Trailhead,
near MP 8 on the Catalina Hwy.
bob
cel# 520-403-8491

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pack out your empties and refrain from puking on the trail and I won't complain. You likely won't get to use the chainsaw though.

I will be glad to have you. I think you will be stoked when you see what the trail is doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.