Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The trailhead is easy to miss. That's probably not that bad of a thing.....

Great trail, Off the beaten path for sure.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
schnauzers said:
Now you've gone and done it. It's a great trail with little use (or well used to be little use).
Nah, Sheep creek is well known to many Summit and Park county riders, It was put in a guide book that the Park County chamber of commerce put out 15 years ago. It just doesn't get that much use because it's well off the beaten path. Look at Salt Creek/Maquaid creek/Rough and TumbIe, Those are great trails, and no secret, but they don't get that much use due to their location. I usually do those trails once or twice a year and I see very few people when I'm there.. I'll bet use on Sheep Creek doesn't increase all that much due to being "outed" on the internet. Maybe a little, but not so much that it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
56 Posts
schnauzers said:
Now you've gone and done it. It's a great trail with little use (or well used to be little use).
Agreed :thumbsup:.

Sheep Creek is one of my favorite trails, partly because it is so off the beaten path. My family has had a place up there (2 mi away) for a long while, so sheep creek has always been on my radar. SInce I doubt it will ever turn into a "Kenosha Pass South" I hope other people go ride this little gem :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, we debated a little if we should post about it here or not. we decided that i wouldn't ever be crowded like kenosha and it actually needs a little more use. especially the twelvemile trail which gets little or no traffic at all.
hope to see you out there....i'll hit it up at least a couple more times this summer.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,431 Posts
CO_freeride said:
yeah, we debated a little if we should post about it here or not. we decided that i wouldn't ever be crowded like kenosha
Hell - even Kenosha (the "other" side) won't ever be crowded like Kenosha. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always get a little nervous when I read threads like this. But I have to agree, a lot of our fun semi-secret trails could use a little more wearing down. I'm doing my best but it's a big county!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Some of you, I wish, were a little more trusting and generous. For us new to the area, getting to know and ride "secret" trails is such a treat. I ride gently (no skidding, no mud, etc) and never take hordes of newbies out (maybe one other rider). I just ride and take pics and absorb the moment. I don't do DH or hardcore stuff- am happy with XC.

I find the locals rarely want to share any trail info. I once PM-ed someone here who ignored me as well. He prob thought I'd spread the word...who knows.

Anyway, I'm just a XC rider who drinks 90 Shilling sometimes and I hike as well so I make time to be a spokesman for mtb-ing. That ought to count for something, dammit.:mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lived there for a few years. There are a lot of really great trails around that area including that one. I found some trails that hadn't seen any traffic in years (sheep ridge area). The FSRs are great during the week when there is no motor traffic, too. There are some great loops that combine single track and FSRs..get up to Horseshoe and Sheep Mountain. Brown's pass can be a fun downhill FSR.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah...we ran into some folks that said the salt creek trail and mcquade trail were good. i think there are a few others up towards trout creek pass area. def gonna check them out when i get a chance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts