Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't made it down to buffalo creek yet from up north, but got some unexpected time off.

Two questions:

1) Parking difficult on a Sunday?

2) Dangerous place to solo? Bad to solo on a monday if I can't make it down there on a Sunday (or bad on a Sunday for that matter)?

Thanks for the intel!

·
That's what she said
206 Posts
1. Parking can be difficult if you arrive around 10ish. Usually you can find something. Arrive earlier and you will be fine.

2. I ride there during the week all the time, not dangerous at all. Unless you are doing blackjack. Probably would not do that one solo. I have been out there on a Monday and seen people, other times don't really see anybody, just depends on the Monday. I would not worry about it though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I avoid buff creek on weekends. It’s fine if you get there early enough but I just don’t like crowds. It’s a huge trail system so it can absorb quite a lot of people, but there tends to be people riding in pretty large groups on weekends and that always irks me.

Can probably tell that I’m a solo rider, not sure what you’d worry about riding there solo. It’s a big trail system and anything could be dangerous based on your riding ability, but most of the trails are closer to XC than enduro and there’s still enough people out on a weekday that someone would come along before too long if you were to stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.