Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seemed to have misplace my "Single Tracks" book so I am looking for correct directions to the trailhead and the best route to ride @ BC. I appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks, PattD

·
Not just famous; infamous
1,069 Posts
Try this for the Pine Valley Ranch trailhead

http://www.trailcentral.com/trails/denvertrails/pine_buffalo.shtml

Directions to trailhead: From the Denver foothills, drive west up Highway 285 past Conifer to Pine Junction. Take a left (southeast) onto County Rd. 126 (Pine Valley Rd.), and continue 5.5 miles toward the town of Pine. Take a right onto Chrystal Lake Rd, and follow to the parking lot.

There's lots of trailheads, but Pine Valley is the main one.

As for a riding route, try going up Strawberry Jack to Homestead. Take Homestead to Sandy Wash, then go up Rd 543. If you're feeling really perky, take the Shinglemill loop off of 543. If not, continue up 543 to either Baldy or Gashouse and start climbin'. Baldy's shorter, sandier and steeper, Gashouse is longer, but not so bad. Take Gashouse back down to Strawberry Jack and back to your car. There's a thousand ways to go, but this will give you a good idea of the area. I'm sure other people will chime in with their favorite ways to go. Have fun!

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Should point out that there's the Pine Valley stuff Luch pointed out, and the Colorado Trail stuff I pointed you to which is farther south. You can connect them as well, and I think both are good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts