Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked at the new lot and rode up the dirt road and then climbed sandy wash up to where the new section of charlie's feeds out. Some great sections of dry dirt followed by lots of snow, some ridable and some that you had to hike.
Was it worth it? All depends on how bad you want to ride?

·
134 Posts
Sounds like basically the same conditions on the Pine Valley side today. Pretty good riding on Strawberry Jack up past the water trough. Then totally unridable above the burn. So rode back down and did the hike-a-bike (more riding than hiking) on Buch all the way up to Skipper for a great ride back down. According to the barometer, tomorrow won't be as nice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Huh?

cbrock450 said:
Parked at the new lot and rode up the dirt road and then climbed sandy wash up to where the new section of charlie's feeds out. Some great sections of dry dirt followed by lots of snow, some ridable and some that you had to hike.
Was it worth it? All depends on how bad you want to ride?
Pardon me, but to what "new section of Charlie's" are you refering, pray tell?

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
I think he's talking about the reroute at the bottom of Charlie's cutoff... head left up Homestead about 50 feet and turn right onto the new singletrack - great stuff with some rocks to play on etc. The right turn at the bottom of Charlie's will be closed at some point (to avoid that wet section). You will be required to take the reroute to get to Sandy Wash in the future - and the bottom of Charlies will be rerouted to flow into that new trail.

Sorry, cbrock450, to type for you - especially if I'm mistaken about the trail you were writing about. Thanks for the ride report - you need to get back up there soon and let us know how much this latest storm changed the trails - you know, at your earliest convenience or something. lol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for chiming in and you are absolutely correct!!!

If anyone wants to lend me their pugsley i would love to get out there in the next few days and give a ride report.
I am guessing 2.1 tires will not even get me out of the new parking lot after this snow

JSD303 said:
I think he's talking about the reroute at the bottom of Charlie's cutoff... head left up Homestead about 50 feet and turn right onto the new singletrack - great stuff with some rocks to play on etc. The right turn at the bottom of Charlie's will be closed at some point (to avoid that wet section). You will be required to take the reroute to get to Sandy Wash in the future - and the bottom of Charlies will be rerouted to flow into that new trail.

Sorry, cbrock450, to type for you - especially if I'm mistaken about the trail you were writing about. Thanks for the ride report - you need to get back up there soon and let us know how much this latest storm changed the trails - you know, at your earliest convenience or something. lol

·
134 Posts
I rode/hiked Sandy Wash yesterday. Conditions are changing fast with a few inches of wet snow so far today. But I found Strawberry Jack and Buck Gulch to be in much better riding condition on Monday. I'll probably ride from Pine Valley again tomorrow. Pretty good dirt road riding above the Buck/Skipper trail head to add onto the limited single track miles.

No doubt about the 2.1s. I stepped up to 2.4s a week or so ago and that made a huge difference.

Plant community Soil Land lot Slope Grass family

Wow, the equestrians have created a major short-cut on Strawberry Jack:nono:

Nature Natural environment Winter Forest Wilderness

One of the worst sections on Buck Gulch

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Winter Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire

One of the worst sections on Sandy Wash

Natural environment Plant community Soil Tree Forest

The sweet spot on Sandy Wash:thumbsup:

Nature Atmosphere Atmospheric phenomenon Geological phenomenon Wilderness

Whoa, don't wanna get caught out in that:eek:

Happy Holidays:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.