Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
You would think that Shinglemill, Morrison and Sandy Wash would be good to go. However, a month or so ago, I thought the same thing and it was a snowed in mess.

Unless someone chimes in that has actually ridden there recently, I would be reluctant to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking south down the valley from my back deck, the north facing slopes still have quite a bit of snow, and I'd imagine the thicker forested spots will still be snowy. I'm hoping it will be rideable too, but it looks like its still iffy.

·
I hate bikes.
195 Posts
"Buff Creek, Morrison is good to go, Shingle Mill is good to go, Colorado Trail (From the trail head on 126) is good to go, its just snow packed/ice pack on some spots...but its completely ridable. And Sandy Wash, upper and Lower are good to go...with the exception of the creek ice patch..
Charlies is good to go no problems there! And Gas House is almost good...
Tram way has a little while, should be good by next weekend...watch it at the bottom of Shingle Mill as theres a big ol patch of ice which is pretty sketchy.."

This is a report as of last Saturday. It should be better this weekend than last, we've had good warm weather down here the last week. It should mostly be ridable, with the exceptions of up Colorado trail yonder Green Mountain....
Hoping to head out tomorrow and Sunday.
Look forward to hearing of your updates on Monday!
-Captain A

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rode the CO trail, east of 126 yesterday. Trail was in great shape with only a couple very small patches of snow. We did get a really light dusting overnight, but it's blue skies today, so the trails should be great.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
plaidvillain said:
Rode the CO trail, east of 126 yesterday. Trail was in great shape with only a couple very small patches of snow. We did get a really light dusting overnight, but it's blue skies today, so the trails should be great.
How far did you go up the CT? Usually, once you get to the Green Mtn intersection/Tramway area it gets pretty sloppy with ice dams this time of year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
zrm said:
How far did you go up the CT? Usually, once you get to the Green Mtn intersection/Tramway area it gets pretty sloppy with ice dams this time of year.
I rode the other direction...east from 126 (CO trail segment 2, I believe). It's very open on the east side, so I figured there'd be less shade, less chance for snowy patches.

·
I hate bikes.
195 Posts
zrm said:
Up to about Shinglemill turn off its good to go, there are some shady/snow spots but not big enough to have to hoof it through. My guess is that toward green mtn/Tramway area its pretty sloppy, I'd give it another week or two...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.