Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a budget wheelset for a DJ/park/street hardtail.
I'm looking at prebuilt wheels, but can't decide between the lighter Sun singletracks (570g) or the heavier Mavic 325's (720g) both are around the same outer width 31 and 32mm respectively, and both are pinned joints I believe - the singletracks may be the newer welded version.

I'm not too worried about machine built wheels, I'll tension and true them when I get them.
I'm 138 pounds and relatively smooth, but I want something that will take some abuse, bad landings, and what-not, within reason.

Anyone have some time in these rims?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input King Gull. Anyone else?

The profile of the 325 looks similar to the Atomlab GI

Mavic 325 - pinned 6061-T6, 31.6mm outer width, 716g
GI - pinned 6061-T6, 32mm outer width, 740g

Do you really need a rim that heavy for DJ/park?

The Singletracks are $160, and the 325's are $250 (little better hubs) so I'm favoring the Singletracks, unless I need the heavier rims.

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
no singletrack

King Gull said:
had a pair of singletracks in 05, trued them once a month replaced the next season with mavics.... rode the mavics harder and only had to true & tension once.... still good for next season.
yeah i used to have a set of singletracks and the rear one was completely shot in like 4 months. then i get some 325s and i ride harder now and i barely have to mess with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.