Standard carbon front and rear triangles. Monocoque UD carbon construction. Carbon Construction (click to enlarge).
In an effort to bring its top end downhill bike to the masses, Intense Cycles has released the M16 Carbon Expert Edition, which features the same geometry as the Factory and Pro models, a carbon fiber monocoque mainframe, and 157x12mm rear wheel spacing, but is carefully spec'd with parts and accessories available in a more budget friendly price range, which in this case results in a $5899 price tag. To learn more check out the full spec list and scroll through the photos below.
Read the Mtbr review of the Intense M16 Carbon Pro Edition DH bike.
Intense M16 Carbon Expert Edition Spec
- Frame: M16 275 monocoque UD carbon front and rear triangle 27.5" DH frameset,
- ISCG 05 mount, w/157x12mm spacing, 215 -240mm travel
- Front suspension: FOX Performance Elite 40 FLOAT, 27.5", 200mm
- Rear suspension: FOX Performance Elite COIL DHX2
- Hubs: 32-hole Intense Tuned, 148x12 mm boost; 110x20mm front hub; 157x12mm
- Rear Hub Shimano Driver, 6-Bolt
- Rims: Sun Helix TR29 27.5" tubeless ready
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
- Tires: Maxxis Minion 27.5x2.5"
- Shifters: Shimano Zee 10 speed
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Zee 10 speed
- Crank: Shimano Zee
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG50-10 11-36t 10 speed
- Chain: KMC 10 speed
- Chain Guide: E13 LG1
- Saddle: WTB Volt Sport
- Seatpost: Intense Recon, 300x31.6mm
- Handlebar: Renthal Fatbar Lite DH 20mm x 780 mm
- Stem: Renthal INTEGRA II direct mount 45mm
- Headset: Cane Creek, 40, alloy cartridge, 25mm of spacers
- Brakeset: Shimano Zee, 203 mm front and rear
- Grips: Intense dual density lock-on
There are custom carbon protectors at the bottom bracket and chain stays, plus a mud guard (click to enlarge).
For more info visit www.intensecycles.com.