Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixing up friend's mtb, it's a few years old. Currently has 2300g 26er disc setup and we're looking for a budget, reliable 9mm/135QR set in the 1800g range for less than $200. Strictly beginner-intermediate xc singletrack, she's a lightweight rider with no aggro DH delusions.

Maybe you have a better option. Again, must be 26er, disc, 9mm front and traditional QR rear.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Didn't find the Crossone in store but did weigh the Crossride. 2000 grams for about $230, ouch.
Wondering if the Crossones are an actual 115 grams lighter?!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a maybe. Tires are like new and it comes with a 9 speed sram cassette, 203mm rotor and 160mm rear. Title reads "race lite" but they were Race Disc TLR. $100 firm says the seller: Bontrager Race Lite Disc TLR Rims

Can't find any info on actual weights.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
You may be able to find something like WTB hubs mounted to mavic 317 or 717. I know mine were under 1800 grams. You cannot beat those rims. Personally, I would search ebay to get more bang for my buck. Just find a set that looks lightly used.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good idea. Most of the budget wheels are spec'd with heavy rims in addition to heavy, well, everything else. I'll check eBay for the 317/717 and hubs that aren't tanks.

You may be able to find something like WTB hubs mounted to mavic 317 or 717. I know mine were under 1800 grams. You cannot beat those rims. Personally, I would search ebay to get more bang for my buck. Just find a set that looks lightly used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts