Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my Singletracks with something more serious for drops and dh. I'm 155, somewhat smooth. Many drops are slow wheelie drops with trials style landings. Must take 3.0s. Looking to spend 200$. Used ($) are probably what I am looking for as long as they are in good shape. Suggestions please?

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Lucky13 said:
Looking to replace my Singletracks with something more serious for drops and dh. I'm 155, somewhat smooth. Many drops are slow wheelie drops with trials style landings. Must take 3.0s. Looking to spend 200$. Used ($) are probably what I am looking for as long as they are in good shape. Suggestions please?
trailpimps. the ultimate uber pimp delicious rim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with the trail pimps they are really good, also look into the arrow dh rims on go-ride, those are really really good as well.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Lucky13 said:

Check out the Arrow DHX. Guarantee you couldn't damage this thing. I have one on the rear of my BigHit for over a year that's had no problems and I weigh 235. Had mine built up by Krispy at Go-Ride. Check them out click on the pic....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

red5 said:
Check out the Arrow DHX. Guarantee you couldn't damage this thing. I have one on the rear of my BigHit for over a year that's had no problems and I weigh 235. Had mine built up by Krispy at Go-Ride. Check them out click on the pic....

Krispy works for Go-Ride??? What spokes would you guys recommend?

I heard bad things about AL CS, is that still true?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Yep, Krispy and Jibbtastic Urban Master VDub both work at G-ride. They both build exceptional wheels.

I would use straight 14g spokes. I think most places carry DT spokes, just make sure they're straight 14, not butted 14/15.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Lucky13 said:
Krispy works for Go-Ride??? What spokes would you guys recommend?

I heard bad things about AL CS, is that still true?
ive been hearing bad things about atom lab cs too, but seriously i dont think this wheel can be broken.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Lucky13 said:
What kind of lacing would you recommend? I had a friend who did AL 4 cross, is it worth it? What are the pros and cons of such a build?

Thank you!
Just go with a 3 cross. 4 cross is overklill and most builders will tell you it's not worth it. Plus, it's a hassle.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
shouldnt u WCH...

and the new trail pimps are the pimpinest rim out there...apart from Spynergy or DeeMax Wheels of course...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts