Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My brother-in-law has a very nice bucksaw he wants to upgrade. He wants to put a manitou mastodon on the bike but he feels he needs a 130mm.

I am trying to tell him that the 140mm reduced to 120mm would be OK but he really wants that 130mm.

So anyone have any positive or negatives around putting a 130mm fork on the front of a bucksaw that was designed around a 100mm fork?

I am worried about the head angle and the head tube welds with the 130 but maybe I am being over cautious.

Thanks in advance.

·
This place needs an enema
17,093 Posts
First, find out how long that fork is. Then, check to see what Salsa says about a fork that long on the front. Chances are they'd void the warranty.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,623 Posts
First, find out how long that fork is. Then, check to see what Salsa says about a fork that long on the front. Chances are they'd void the warranty.
There's a little wiggle room on it, but the impressions I got from them when I put a Wren 110 on mine are that it's not a ton of wiggle room (they never said exactly how much there was when I asked, just that I was fine with a Wren 110 fork). At this point for me, it wouldn't matter as mine is either out of warranty by now, or very close to it. Can't remember if the warranty on the frame was 3 or 5yrs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.