Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its all over the frame like a heat rash?

You cant see it unless you are really close and the flash of the camera showed it up a bit but its only just turned up.

The only thing I have used is a bit of muck-off but that says its ok for carbon fibre?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Get a citrus based degreaser and a soft rag and gently in small circles rub one patch of the frame and see if they move.

Has your bike been sat anywhere where there could be small metal filings? The top tube of mine looked similar when I had to drill out my cable stops, the rubber paint makes the metal stick also.

·
aka übermensch
309 Posts
I had the same bubbles appear on my frame. Never used anything harsh to clean the bike with. Do what I did. Contact Ibis. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
ive got them also

i just found this thread. ive got the exact same condition on my regular mojo? any insight or updates as to what causes this? or what to due about it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got in contact with Ibis and after a few emails they agreed to swap it out for a new one even though Im in the UK and got the frame when I was on holiday in the US.

Now I was a bit cheeky and asked for a different size (large to an X-large) as I didnt have a chance to demo one.

"Not a issue" was the reply.

What other bike company would do that?

The best customer service of any company I have ever had to deal with in any industry.

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
What ever you do do not use citrus degreaser on the rubber paint this is one of the reasons they are not offering it any more citrus degreasers mixed with teflon chain lubes and other lubricants will damage the soft touch paint.

liam2051 said:
Get a citrus based degreaser and a soft rag and gently in small circles rub one patch of the frame and see if they move.

Has your bike been sat anywhere where there could be small metal filings? The top tube of mine looked similar when I had to drill out my cable stops, the rubber paint makes the metal stick also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad im found this thread!
I've got the exactly the same symptom from my mojo sl frame rubberized paint seems to small bubbles in it. Having the frame for only ten months old and do not know how long the paint going to last. Washing it with tape water and dish soup only.
For Mojo man>>I wonder any luck for frame replacement by Ibis? Charges etc?

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
So if citrus degreasers cause this, how am I supposed to clean my chain? Obviously there will be some splatter that would get on the frame even with the Park chain cleaner. Taking it off every time is a pain. What is safe for the rubberized paint?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mojo SL - full of bubbles rubberised paint!

Yep same with mine - My 09 Mojo SL rubberised paint has increasingly just got worse & worse, see pics attached, all over the frame both front & rear triangle. Frame purchased just 9 months ago, washed with tap water & dish soap only. Time to get hold of Scott.

BoarderLion , (

Attachments

·
Happy when not-last.
221 Posts
Looks like the curing process may have been botched. Regardless of the issue, shoot Ibis an email. They'll respond within a day or two.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.