Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

441 - 460 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good news that you received it... hope to receive mine... tracking still shows accepted and still nothing...
Was DHL parcel your shipping method?

Glad to hear that the wheels seems good... will you give us some feedback about mounting tires and impression when riding?
Are you coming from dt swiss alu rims? Hope that the bead is not too tigth and as good as the dt swiss rim (mounting is very easy on Dt)
Sadly, it'll be a while before I get them up and running. Currently in a build phase and awaiting a new steel full suss frame. Still need to buy a new dropper and forks. First 29er is costing a small fortune! Currently on a set of 32 ARC rims with DT 240s old gen, but they run well on my HT. They're a bit flexi so these will undoubtedly be stiffer. I did EMS which then went through UK parcelforce.

·
Jumps Like An Elephant
50 Posts
and just like that, a Christmas miracle. The tracking was updated and then my package arrived TODAY. Apparently, the plan contents were sitting at the airport for a month. I hope everyone else on my same plane gets theirs soon! Haven't opened the box yet, but excited!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hy!
I ordered my set of wheels in 13/11/2020 and received them today.(Europe-Portugal)
Nice packing, the wheels were well protected.
As for the wheels themself, they're super nice! They come with a little label on them with some info (weight, S/N and some other numbers?)
They seem legit! nice build quality(as stated from other user here) hope that i'm lucky with them!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I received the wheels today.
Well packaged, two spare spokes with nipples and some spare stickers.
Pretaped very well. (tape is only at the center of the channel, not where the tire beads goes. Tape is approx 23mm wide on 30mm internal rims)
The rims seems very nice
Tires goes by hand(almost as good as dtswiss rims) and tire beads seat ok even without going too high in pressure and without soapy water.
Weight is very accurate. Website say 1484 +/- 25gr. The wheelset weight real 1510gr. with tape and valves installed.

For now i i can say that Btlos was always very kind in the communications and support. Hope to test the wheelset as soon as possible...(-750gr. shaved from actual wheelset+rotors+cassette) I'm curios to see in uphills and pedal days, how the bike will change and maybe become quicker or react better with less rotating mass....
They should be my home trails wheelset, nothing too aggressive, so i think a lightweight carbon wheelset, with maybe the shallow compliance, could be a good and long lasting option. Time will tell...

·
Registered
189 Posts
OK, first short test ride today....
BTLOS 30mm rims, shallow version.

Despite the weight saved, in climbing i didn't find a night/day difference... In the restarts, the accelerations, the first pedal strokes gives you the feel that the bike accelerate faster. At average speed i didn't find relevant differences in performance.
Regarding comfort/riding feel, compared to dtswiss M1900 i didn't find any harshness. The wheels feels more precise, but not stiffer. Maybe they "are" stiffer, but the comfort when riding, to me is as good as the previous alu wheelset.
What really surprised me was the general handling of the bike. When trail riding, the bike seems react better and quicker in every aspect. I don't know if it's the benefit of the less rotation mass or "feeling" of the carbon rims.

Really like the stealth look! 😁

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I switch between my carbon wheels and my heavy, aluminium set, I have similar takeaways as you. Mostly notice it in agility. Everything just seems to happen quicker and more precisely. Which is more fun This is during rides of say 10 miles or less. When I get into 15-25 mile days, I definitely notice less perceived effort at the end of the day.

Just my observations, I'm sure someone will be along with some science that says otherwise though and that's totally fine too. I still ordered another set anyway😆

·
Registered
31 Posts

Despite the weight saved, in climbing i didn't find a night/day difference... In the restarts, the accelerations, the first pedal strokes gives you the feel that the bike accelerate faster. At average speed i didn't find relevant differences in performance.
Regarding comfort/riding feel, compared to dtswiss M1900 i didn't find any harshness. The wheels feels more precise, but not stiffer. Maybe they "are" stiffer, but the comfort when riding, to me is as good as the previous alu wheelset.
What really surprised me was the general handling of the bike. When trail riding, the bike seems react better and quicker in every aspect. I don't know if it's the benefit of the less rotation mass or "feeling" of the carbon rims.

View attachment 1907163 View attachment 1907164
Looks like 28H F/R? What hubs did you go with?

·
Registered
527 Posts
When I switch between my carbon wheels and my heavy, aluminium set, I have similar takeaways as you. Mostly notice it in agility. Everything just seems to happen quicker and more precisely. Which is more fun This is during rides of say 10 miles or less. When I get into 15-25 mile days, I definitely notice less perceived effort at the end of the day.

Just my observations, I'm sure someone will be along with some science that says otherwise though and that's totally fine too. I still ordered another set anyway😆
Yeah, makes sense. As the wheels get spinning, doesn't make much effort to keep them spinning if you're going straight and smooth, so that's less noticeable.
Of course, if you're spinning with starts/stops and in between, or turning, you'll notice it.

·
Registered
936 Posts

Pretty much same experience. i order the 25i wheels on DT350 and dropped 700g on my gravel bike. Initial acceleration it's more noticeable - but other than that - not a night/day difference or smashed PRs.

I haven't ordered a set for my MTB yet - but will probably when I build my new bike. It's a good upgrade, still the easiest way to drop a pound or more in one swoop, but almost feels a bit "overrated". Glad I didn't spend the dough on ENVE something similar, though many those owners rave about it....I'm guessing more so on the placebo benefits.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I placed an order for a wheelset on Nov 28. Got my shipment notification on Dec 23. Better than I expected during the holidays. I selected the value shipping option (Matson ocean shipping handed off to UPS for final delivery) so they should be arriving around beginning of February. Just in time for riding season (y)

Also FYI I noticed BTLOS is extending their holiday sales from 12/25-1/12 with $60 off wheelset or rims (versus $80 off for BF). Unfortunately it looks like the cheapest Matson shipping option disappeared for now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered on 11/23 and got a shipping notification 12/23. With Covid and the holidays, I was not really worried and I had planned on seeing the wheels in 2 to 3 months. Looks like I selected UPS and they state it will be 8-12 days before I get them. Which is ahead of what I figured.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They must have shipped out a bunch in the 23rd, I also got my shipping notification that day. I ordered mine on Nov 21. I won’t be able to really ride them hard though since winter is killing access to the better trails here. I’m very excited though, nothing like a killer set of wheels.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
34,793 Posts
I ordered on 11/23 and got a shipping notification 12/23. With Covid and the holidays, I was not really worried and I had planned on seeing the wheels in 2 to 3 months. Looks like I selected UPS and they state it will be 8-12 days before I get them. Which is ahead of what I figured.
On our end, for sure the holidays can be a little slower, but on their end, Chinese New Year is the one to watch out for.

Reactions: Asmodeus2112

·
Registered
157 Posts
After some back and forth communicating with BTLOS over WhatsApp I ordered this wheelset today based on what they had in stock (also added hub 54T ratchet upgrade) and ended up upgrading to the CX-Ray spokes.
Based on my location they recommended sending with FedEx.
I've used the x-mas coupon code for 60$ discount.
Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Has anyone busted an M-i30AS AM version and under what conditions? I'm debating EN vs AM, 200 pound rider on a 6 inch bike, leaning EN.
Don't have them in hand yet. But I had some conversations about my intended use as an Enduro racing set and bombing chunk and they offered to make them in the DH layup for me. Which I took them up on. It was only a tiny bit more weight and still lighter than my SC Reserve rims. That being said, in your scenario I would get the EN for sure. As soon as I mentioned drops and rock gardens they nixed the idea of the AM ones. If you email them and describe your actual riding conditions, they will recomend something. I actually sent them someone else's footage of an enduro race on youtube on the trails I ride. Sometimes takes them a day or two to respond to the emails, but they always do.

Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I'll post some thoughts and weights then.

441 - 460 of 486 Posts