Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

421 - 440 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
How much price difference was there between the 180s vs. 240s? I'm wishing I'd waited until Black Friday now...especially as it's nearly 2 months since I placed my order and they were just shipped a couple of days ago. Doh
It was around 300 bucks when I ordered. I had them in the cart, then thought better of it and switched to 240's.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone have any issues with BTLOS getting back to you? I asked a question via the 'Contact Us' form with no answer/response. Waited 4 days and then asked the same question in the 'Chat' option. 3 more days and still nothing.
Just to update this. There seemed to be a issue with receiving responses back from them. The problem could have been on my end. I'm not sure. Anyways, I emailed them directly using their email address. Amy got right back to me and answered all my questions quickly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How much price difference was there between the 180s vs. 240s? I'm wishing I'd waited until Black Friday now...especially as it's nearly 2 months since I placed my order and they were just shipped a couple of days ago. Doh
The 180s are $320 more but with the $80 off I chose to view the difference as $240.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have a few rides on the WM-i27AS wheels (w/ DT Swiss 240EXPs and Sapim CX-Ray spokes) and am impressed! Wheels feel great (have them paired with Maxxis Forekaster 2.35 front and Ardent Race 2.2 rear). I[m no expert but here is a brief inital review, if interested

Build Quality: Solid build quality--I didn't notice any imperfections upon receiving wheelset. Wheels were true and centered, no loose spokes. wheels actually weighed in about 12 grams less than estimated on website. Rim tape and extra spokes were included but no "certificates of approval" w/ wheel info attached. Took about a month and half from date of order to date of delivery...

Ride Quality (have about 40 miles on them): the first mile, I was like "WOW! these are awesome!" I feel more connected to the trail and bike seems more responsive. I also feel more detail of the trail terrain, which allows me to react quicker. On the ground and over techy sections, the wheels feel solid but stiff. However, I do feel the landings of drops and jumps more prominently--not as much give as my 27.5 alloys (w/ 2.6 and 2.5 tires)--but it's not harsh. They are just fun to ride!

OVERALL: Simply put, very pleased--they are great wheels and worth the wait to get them. We'll see how they do long-term but, at this point, I would certainly not hesitate to order another wheelset from BTLOS.

·
Jumps Like An Elephant
50 Posts
My wheelset is all but lost at this point. Tracking hasn't been updated since 11/22. They are asking me to wait a couple more days before they try to remedy the situation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wheelset is all but lost at this point. Tracking hasn't been updated since 11/22. They are asking me to wait a couple more days before they try to remedy the situation.

I'm in the same spot, my tracking was last updated 11/20.

The bike they're going on doesn't arrive until February so I'm not in a rush, but if they have to re-send them it seems like it could be February before they arrive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in the same spot, my tracking was last updated 11/20.

The bike they're going on doesn't arrive until February so I'm not in a rush, but if they have to re-send them it seems like it could be February before they arrive.
Me too. Last updated on 24 Nov saying in transit. They do say 8-20 days though. If I get close to 60 days from the date of order, I may think about a PayPal dispute just to cover me.

·
Registered
506 Posts
From what I understand it is the shipping backlog out of China. I ordered mine the second week of October and they arrived right after Thanksgiving. The tracking number sat for the majority of that time with no update. This happened with the previous order back in Jan/Feb. I imagine shipping is even more backed up right now with the holidays coming.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I ordered 10/21 and they delivered 11/19 to California for reference.

I ordered the Shallow 30mm wide rims with DT240 exp centerlock hubs and 28 CX ray straight pull hubs. Weight with tape and valve stems came at 1490grams.(Premium AM)

The wheels looked and ride great. I have CB Synthesis Flagship Enduro 11 Carbon wheels on another bike and these BTLOS are just as compliant. No harshness and super snappy. Trails here in Southern California are loose over hardpack, super loose, rocky, chunky, and bomb holes on a lot of trails. The real test will be durability but so far after 100 miles they have been performing well.

·
Jumps Like An Elephant
50 Posts
I ordered 10/21 and they delivered 11/19 to California for reference.
Glad you got yours! That's right about when I ordered. She said that at least 20 other people who ordered around that time have gotten theirs. That's why I'm bummed about mine. Sounds like some of ours got lost or stolen somehow. Hopefully in a couple more day's they'll have a good solution (hopefully can get the replacement set made/delivered quick, but I'm skeptical.)

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'm interested in an internal width of 29-30mm, and they have so many choices. Asym, deep, shallow, AM, etc. How do you choose?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same thing here.. ordered 10/15 with last tracking update on 11/23. Haven't received a response in 5 days and sent another follow-up last night asking for the status of the shipment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm interested in an internal width of 29-30mm, and they have so many choices. Asym, deep, shallow, AM, etc. How do you choose?

Though the response times are slowing a bit, which is totally understandable. If you email them your size, bike, riding style and terrain. They will work you through the various options. I ended up ordering the WM-I30AS in a DH layup, which they don't actually show on their website.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I had ordered rims during BF sale and was promised last week shipping. They stated it shipped, they just don't have a tracking# from Mason yet (I chose the cheapest shipping option). So far everything seems OK and on track. I was expecting it to take a while. I assume they schedule manufacturing after the order is placed. After I placed my order they sent a confirmation email for me to verify the exact options (I also have them drill the valve for Shrader, so yeah, they don't have those already on the shelf).

I assume a wheelset will take much longer since they depend on 3rd party hub manufacturer, and require actual building steps after the rim is made.

Any email was responded to within a business day. Keep in mind, it is night time in China when it is day here. All things considered, I get better response from this Chinese vendor than from some in my time zone.

Anyone wondering about their order, before jumping on the internet and asking on a forum, I recommend jumping on the same internet, and send them an email. I'm sure BTLOS can give you better information on your specific order than anyone here can.

A bit off-topic, but LightBicycle also was good. I had placed an order for a wheelset... similar procedure. It turned out the hubs I wanted had a 3-4 month lead time. After playing through some alternatives with them (hubs they didn't have on their website, MS hubs etc.) I decided to cancel and they refunded me the money within 2 days. During all the communication with hub options they responded within reasonable time. Meaning an email I sent during the day in the US, I had a response after midnight. Emails I sent during our night, were answered within hours. Ultimately I cancelled, so I can't tell how actual shipping works for LB. But the initial impression with both vendors is good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine have now cleared customs in the UK and out to the delivery depot. Hopefully will hear soon as to when they can be collected.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine have now cleared customs in the UK and out to the delivery depot. Hopefully will hear soon as to when they can be collected.
I'm also waiting for a wheelset, shipped 2 December with DHL to Italy.
DHL should be 3-5 business days... however.... tracking says only that the Data Received..., i suppose it will appear and track the various steps only from when it arrive in europe.

What shipping method have you used?

I hope to receive the wheelset before christmas....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ordered mine on the evening of 11/19 here in California and received it on 12/4, so pretty much exactly 3 weeks after the order was placed.

Although I chose the slowest/cheapest shipping option ("EMS"), the tracking info was sent by BTLOS on 11/27, tracking went "live" on 11/30, and it was on my doorstep on 12/4 so overall pretty darn fast.

This is my second order with them and once again I'm very satisfied with the quality.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ordered mine on the evening of 11/19 here in California and received it on 12/4, so pretty much exactly 3 weeks after the order was placed.

Although I chose the slowest/cheapest shipping option ("EMS"), the tracking info was sent by BTLOS on 11/27, tracking went "live" on 11/30, and it was on my doorstep on 12/4 so overall pretty darn fast.

This is my second order with them and once again I'm very satisfied with the quality.
I ordered mine on 11/22. I have not received a shipping number yet, I also went with the cheapest. I hope I can get mine soon too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recieved mine today and they look extremely good, well made, true and tensioned.

I specifically didn't want them taped so a could see the rim bed for any potential quality issues...but there are none.

A whole 3g more than the average weight advertised! When I weighed them I was a bit concerned I may have gone too light with the AM version. But for an extra 50g per rim on the EN version, I'm not wholly sure it'd make a huge difference. Time will tell....

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recieved mine today and they look extremely good, well made, true and tensioned.

I specifically didn't want them taped so a could see the rim bed for any potential quality issues...but there are none.

A whole 3g more than the average weight advertised! When I weighed them I was a bit concerned I may have gone too light with the AM version. But for an extra 50g per rim on the EN version, I'm not wholly sure it'd make a huge difference. Time will tell....
Good news that you received it... hope to receive mine... tracking still shows accepted and still nothing...
Was DHL parcel your shipping method?

Glad to hear that the wheels seems good... will you give us some feedback about mounting tires and impression when riding?
Are you coming from dt swiss alu rims? Hope that the bead is not too tigth and as good as the dt swiss rim (mounting is very easy on Dt)

421 - 440 of 486 Posts