Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Police/Fire HQ parking lot being closed let's meet at the Marciel Gate parking area to start the ride. It's a bit farther out but we can get in Redtail/Soaring Hawk and Skyline. Same meet up and start time.

Since we are changing things up, how about after ride drinks/eats at Buffalo Bills this time?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When: Every Wednesday! Meeting time 6PM, riding starts promptly at 6:30PM

Where: Lake Chabot Regional Park

Meeting at Marciel Gate Parking Area

http://www.ebparks.org/files/EBRPD_f...bot_detail.pdf

What: This is a no-drop (no one gets left behind) ride for all levels. We aim for 1.5-2 hours of riding. All routes include a climb of 600 feet over 1.4 miles.

Level A riders will average 9 - 10 mph around the Chabot trails, and is composed for riders that regularly do hilly rides of 20 miles or more in under 2-1/2 hours. Narrow gauge trails will include usually include Red Tail and Soaring Hawk. Lights are suggested for Level A riders.

Level B riders will average roughly 7 - 9 mph around the Chabot trails, and is composed for riders that will do hilly rides of 15 miles or more in under 2-1/2 hours. Narrow gauge trails will include Red Tail.

Level C riders will average roughly 5 to 7 mph around the Chabot trails and is composed for riders that will do hilly rides of 10 miles or more in under 2-1/2 hours. Depending on time, Level C riders may be able to ride Red Tail.

This ride is perfect for those riders who are tired of riding alone, couples who want to ride but are at two different levels, riders looking to learn the trails of Lake Chabot and/or folks who want to meet other East Bay riders.

RSVP's are encouraged as we promptly start riding at 6:30. PM myself or ATBScott.

Eat and drinks to follow at a local restaurant for those you want more time to socialize with other mtbers.

Brought to you by msrutzie and ATBScott!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks Sparky for the map! No SS for me this week, I'll bring a FS bike with gears and everything. Looking forward to seeing some different trails, and spinning for a change...

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snarfblat said:
That's a good idea, Caryn!! I really hated the idea of having to climb the hill up to Nike before heading down. Marciel sounds good... I'll be there (barring anything cropping up at the last minute).

Rob
There is a silver lining to everything if you look hard enough! :)

Now that my real name is connected with my handle I guess hiding from my stalker will be a little harder. ;) You guys are all going to come to my defense on wednesday nights RIGHT!?!?! I'll offer up some homemade cookies in exchange for my protection.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just edited my post; now if you'll go back and edit yours, you'll be fine.

BTW I won't be able to make it tomorrow after all; I forgot that I need to stay late all week to make up for time off I took last week. D'oh.

Rob

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Mmmmm.... Cookies.

For those needing directions to Marciel Gate:
From the South (Castro Valley end): Go North on Redwood Rd approximately 6 miles from the Castro Valley Blvd/Redwood Rd intersection. Over the hill, pass the Golf Course and then winding climb for about 2-1/2 miles. Marciel Gate will be on your left after the road levels off and straightens.

From the North (Oakland Hills). Follow Redwood Rd for approximately 6-1/2 miles from the intersection of Skyline Drive and Redwood Rd, at the top of the ridge. ~ 2 miles mostly downhill, pass Pinehurst Rd on the left, another couple of miles and you will pass Bort Meadows on the right, and then approx 2 miles to Marciel Gate, on your right as the road levels off and straightens.

See ya there!

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
scfan said:
msrutzie we will definitely have your back. I'll make sure to bring my "re-education" stick in case its needed ;)
Back in the "old days" we had frame-mounted pumps that worked well in these situations, and they were always handy! Alas, suspension frame design did those old Zefal and Silca utility tools in. Now, scfan - your hardtail or my SS would fit one of those...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Excellent Smithers! Hmm, these Wednesday night rides are getting interesting, almost like a biker gang ;)

In other news, I'm off to pick up my "Msrutzies Angels" leather jacket :)

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
That jacket may be good if temps stay like they are today, but I'm not sure about riding with leather when I pedal... So - here's the question: are you a "sportbike type" or does the jacket have fringe?

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rumor has it that a few special and 'almost famous' penninsula folks will be joining us on Wednesday. I'll feel uber safe with my harem of angels riding off and leaving me to suck in their dust as I play sweep again. ;-)

Sblat - bummer on the working late and thanks for the edit but my stalker is trickier than that, damn the internet and what it allows for a meager $9.99. As long as he admires from a distance I'm cool. Heck, I fear the day when my crows feet are deeper than the Grand Canyon, the tattoo on my hiney has slid well past my knees to become unreadable and my admirers are no longer present at all. Until then I'll just keep pretending I still got it going on. :)

See everyone tomorrow!

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
msrutzie said:
...the tattoo on my hiney has slid well past my knees to become unreadable and my admirers are no longer present at all. Until then I'll just keep pretending I still got it going on. :)
Just tell everyone it's a tattoo on your calf!!! Ya still got it going on as long as you feel like you do kiddo! Are you gonna be sporting a leather jacket tomorrow night also?

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I smile every time I get carded. I could never be offended that someone questions whether or not I'm over 21. It only means the bling bling moisturizer is worth it!

I know you don't wear undies under lycra but do you wear undies under chaps? I wouldn't want to be a fashion faux pas on the trails tomorrow. ;-)

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
No - you don't wear undies under chaps. Are you SS'ing tomorrow night with your chaps?

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ATBScott said:
No - you don't wear undies under chaps. Are you SS'ing tomorrow night with your chaps?
*gasp* What sort of gal do you take me for?

With snarfblat not being to lead a C group and few folks jumping in to share the load I'll likely be riding with them today. Unfortunately it's too hard to lead the C riders on the SS

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmm, chaps and underwear?? This thread just got really interesting! Not sure about chaps étiquette, but no underwear is needed with those cycling skirts. Though if msrutzie wears one of those, she might be the only one riding while the rest of us are just drooling...

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Hmmmm- everyone would be a "C" ride participant tonight. :) I guess that would make it a "see" ride! Yeah msrutzie - ya still got it goin' on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.