Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all have fun without me this week! ATBScott, BJ and Rob will be leading the rides on Wednesday. I'll be back in action next week and, after having spent 7 days at elevation, be kicking some flatlander booty. :D I'm told if the mtbing is really cruddy at Park City I can hop on a board and get in some turns on the remaining 100 feet of snow. For a snow junkie like me I might just have to do that! Have fun!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When: Every Wednesday! Meeting time 6PM, riding starts promptly at 6:30PM

Where: Lake Chabot Regional Park

Meeting at the Regional Park Police/Fire HQ Nike Classroom Parking Lot

http://www.ebparks.org/files/EBRPD_f...bot_detail.pdf

If you are heading north on Lake Chabot Road you will see an EBRPD sign on your right just after Seven Hills Road. If you see the kiosk entrance for the Marina you have gone too far. Heading south you will pass the kiosk entrance for the marina. You will see the left hand turn lane shortly after the kiosk turn. Drive up the paved road and park in the gravel lot on the left hand side.

What: This is a no-drop (no one gets left behind) ride for all levels. We aim for 1.5-2 hours of riding. All routes include a climb of 600 feet over 1.4 miles.

Level A riders will average 9 - 10 mph around the Chabot trails, and is composed for riders that regularly do hilly rides of 20 miles or more in under 2-1/2 hours. Narrow gauge trails will include usually include Red Tail and Soaring Hawk. Lights are suggested for Level A riders.

Level B riders will average roughly 7 - 9 mph around the Chabot trails, and is composed for riders that will do hilly rides of 15 miles or more in under 2-1/2 hours. Narrow gauge trails will include Red Tail.

Level C riders will average roughly 5 to 7 mph around the Chabot trails and is composed for riders that will do hilly rides of 10 miles or more in under 2-1/2 hours. Depending on time, Level C riders may be able to ride Red Tail.

This ride is perfect for those riders who are tired of riding alone, couples who want to ride but are at two different levels, riders looking to learn the trails of Lake Chabot and/or folks who want to meet other East Bay riders.

RSVP's are encouraged as we promptly start riding at 6:30. PM myself or ATBScott.

Eat and drinks to follow at a local restaurant for those you want more time to socialize with other mtbers.

Brought to you by msrutzie and ATBScott!

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to mtbr!!! All the cool riders hang out here. :)

We missed you this weekend!

You kids can do whatever you want without the mother duck to keep ya in line. Have fun!!!

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep them ducks safe cuz I got some cool skills to show them! I'm LOVIN the Dirt Series! Did my first teeter totter after I did a crazy high jump off the first totter as a result of riding it too fast. Mastered the manuals and my rolling drops. We SO need a skills park in the Bay Area!! Tomorrow it's wheelie drops. When I get home it's time to find me a DH bike (as if my garage can hold another bike)! Lovin' the free style look my coached hooked me up with. Not lovin' being *****ed slapped by the instructor after saying "I don't think I can do that" and then nailing it only to have her tell me she's sick of hearing me say that I can't when I'm proving that I can. Someone got some extra confidence they want to give me. But I'm gunning it for tomorrow! Oh and our instructor Emily is one of the only females who can do a flip on her bike. Yeah, we're among some badass gals here!

Have a GREAT ride tomorrow! I'll miss you all but I'm having too much fun to stop!

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scooderdude left me a message saying that the Fire/Police HQ parking lot is closed off to the public while they do some work. You guys will have to think of a new meeting spot for tomorrow!

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
OK everyone - if you are coming here's the plan:

scfan and I will just expect that you have parked somewhere along the road and we'll meet near the bottom of the hill, and ride up to the top to start the ride. So - plans are to meet up ~ 6:15 to 6:20 at the dirt lot just to the left of the road before you start going up hill to the Police Station. There is a gate there that will be a good landmark. Bring plenty of water and expect the rides will be a mile or two longer tomorrow night - or we might change the routes slightly to accomodate the parking situation! See you there!

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
The Englander worked quite well, and I think that we should hit it again. Sometimes I get annoyed that my Honda will not lock the doors without the key, until I see a situation like yours last week, and remember how many times I locked myself out of the Trooper! I sure got good at breaking into it. If anyone saw my post about the EBRPD PD stopping mountain bikers last Thursday night, make sure you don't "beer it" in the parking lot or side of the road post-ride. Again - the ride tonight will meet near the gate on the left before you start up the hill to the Police Station, since that lot was closed yesterday. I'll check it out later today and notify if it has re-opened.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
I need a long ride. Maybe we can do the big loop: Ten Hills, Brandon, Red Tail, Soaring Hawk, whatever goes to Skyline, then either around to the Marina or down to to the valley to come back up Brandon, then past the campground, and back up the hill to the police station, then back down. :)

·
This Way Up
75 Posts
I've got the plushy bike tonight, so a long ride's cool with me! But I didn't think to pack a light, so we'll have to go hard.:rockon:

How about all the way out MacDonald to Redwood park, loop around and hit JM on the way back? Just kidding. That's a weekend ride for me..

-Micah

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
i'm bringing the comfy but heavy bike tonite.
not sure if i want to do the long loop but will throw the (uncharged) lights in the bag and make a decision at the parking lot.
Micah- I'll bring my commuter light for you, if you want it. That way you won't be at a total loss if we go long.
Englander= :thumbsup:
(aren't we supposed to talk about BTCEB stuff tonite?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damn, the one time I actually drove my car instead of taking BART, and y'all are riding up the hill.

Talking about BTCEB stuff is next week when MsRutzie is back with all her crazy new skills & IMBA wisdom. Though I guess you're allowed to talk about BTCEB stuff tonight too...

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
Monsterstick said:
I've got the plushy bike tonight, so a long ride's cool with me! But I didn't think to pack a light, so we'll have to go hard.:rockon:

How about all the way out MacDonald to Redwood park, loop around and hit JM on the way back? Just kidding. That's a weekend ride for me..

-Micah
see my new thread.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=424361
but i think this weekend won't be the one where we bust a nut doing all the parks.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Riding on a full-moon night is the BEST!!! Should be a great evening for a ride! I can't wait - msrutzie, you really missed it going to Utah - yeah, right!!!

·
Slowest Rider
5,238 Posts
I'm going to try and make the C ride and meet some East Coast Bay Area folk, also as part of mere mortals. Too bad I'll miss the mother duck, Ms R, this week. I've never been to Lake Chabot before and I want to check it out.

I'll send a PM with my number. "Quack!"

Edit: Running of time with kid errands today. And I can't make it there in less than an hour of rush hour traffic. I'll try earlier next week.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm in for the C or maybe B ride tonight -- I'll be on my SS again. Just had a super yummy lunch at Slanted Door, so I'll need to work that off. Best lunch I've ever had, but probably the most expensive. Glad I wasn't paying (company paid).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.