Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Francine Johnson put on a pretty good downhill event at Bootleg Canyon today. A really great effort for a first time promoter with results and awards given out within two hours of the race finish (and the finish line wasn't near the main registration/ awards area). ;)

Here is a link to the images I captured on course. Francine has another event scheduled for December 20th if anyone wants to swing into Vegas before X-Mas.

http://lvactionimages.zenfolio.com/bittersweetdh

mbb

Attachments

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Man. Super sharp pics, Matt.

How ya been?

I imagine if I google Bittersweet Downhill I can find out some more about the Dec 20th race? We checked out some DH bikes at I-bike and had a blast on the DH runs at Bootleg. I've been thinking about trying a DH event ever since.

·
Registered
49 Posts
KRob said:
Man. Super sharp pics, Matt.

How ya been?

I imagine if I google Bittersweet Downhill I can find out some more about the Dec 20th race? We checked out some DH bikes at I-bike and had a blast on the DH runs at Bootleg. I've been thinking about trying a DH event ever since.
There isnt any info online yet but I talked to her about it. Here is some unofficial info.
-2 DH Runs
-One in the morning and one in the afternoon
-Practice Day on Saturday
-Awards go to best combined time

I say unofficial because I dont want to give out too much info if its going to change. But that is the most current info there is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
bdamschen said:
Dang, I wish I'd known about it. When will more info be available for the Dec. 20th race?
Im not sure. I would just keep checking her site. After all the work she did planning the first one she is probably taking a few days to relax.

Ill probably post something on my site and on here when I get more info about it.

·
Antitheist & Kitten lover
996 Posts
I love how no mention of bootleg racing can miss a chance to take a shot at last year's circus of tragedy. Excellent!

Congrats to Francine. My wife and I rode the shuttle up with her a couple of times and she seemed pretty nice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts