Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across some pics of this. I think they've popped up here before, but the lug work is way cool, and thought you all might like another whack at talking about them. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I read, it was a top end model, only available in Japan, and built with Prestige. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Gotta go with Z-Man on this, bad name. Kinda like Leadtech....:eek:ut:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Untill now I thought that Anchors only came as Keirin bikes.

That's a real beaut, hold on to it, it's special. I guess it's fillet braised at the top tube/head lug junction etc?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
"Bridgestone" is reserved for lower end and shopping bikes and all the nicer/racing stuff has gone by "Anchor" for some time now.

Those lugs area really neat in person too. They make road bikes with the same treatment.

Their website is pretty easy to navigate despite limited English: http://www.anchor-bikes.com/

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
tashi said:
Untill now I thought that Anchors only came as Keirin bikes.

That's a real beaut, hold on to it, it's special. I guess it's fillet braised at the top tube/head lug junction etc?
Yes, fillet brazed to the scalloped portions you can see, which are then silver brazed (could be brass) to the headtube and seat tube. The execution is really fine. Sweet fillets, and nice sharp shorelines on the 'lugs'.

-Schmitty-

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
There's one on ebay right now, I can't believe the timing of the thread is coincidental.

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
I'm pretty sure that MCS isn't from Singapore, Bedok North, Singapore

·
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, it's on the 'bay.

I really thought it was a cool bike though, and had zero interest in doing what it is that has been so vigorously discussed as of late.:rolleyes:

Glad a few enjoyed it, wish it were my size....:thumbsup:

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
That is inspiration for any custom builder. Very unique.

G

·
Schmitty said:
Yes, fillet brazed to the scalloped portions you can see, which are then silver brazed (could be brass) to the headtube and seat tube. The execution is really fine. Sweet fillets, and nice sharp shorelines on the 'lugs'.

-Schmitty-
according to their web site the "lugs" are hydro-formed (with oil). no fillet-brazing and strictlhy spoken no real lugs.

step 1

step 2
step 3

·
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Carsten said:
according to their web site the "lugs" are hydro-formed (with oil). no fillet-brazing and strictlhy spoken no real lugs.
That's really cool, thanks for digging those up Carsten. It all makes sense now. I guess just a different way to get things done, or do you know if there was reasoning beyond being different?:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts