Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
asleep by 10:00pm
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently returned home from a Bryce to Zion trip that I shot for Western Spirit. Pretty sweet, quite a bit of dirt road, but the whole idea was to link the two parks via a route that was entirely off of the pavement. The scenery was stellar and the terrain made it possible to actually look around, the guides were awesome (of course) and the sinlgetrack side options more than made up for the dirt road cruisers. Here's a sampling of some of the many many slides I have been sorting through.

first pics: aspen lined singletrack and fast riders, does it get better?

Attachments

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more

a few nights into the trip and we found ourselves camped beneath what I started calling 'mini bryce' for it's similar red tinged hoodoos. I am forever thankful to my patient friends, mostly the good natured-ness of my token photo model for the trip who allowed me to roust her at 5:30am, drag her ass from her sleeping bag, and carry her bike up steep hills to get to my shooting locations.

these shots are all from 'mini bryce' located somehwere in southern utah.

Attachments

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and finally....the trip ended with a descent down highway 9 through Zion NP. I'd never ridden a bike through the park, and the feeling of cruising around the corners and around the sandstone buttes out in the open wind made me feel sorry for those folks trapped in their air conditioned cars.

that's it.

Attachments

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Wow....

Amazing shots. I like seeing multiple versions of the same shot, interesting to see the differences.

John

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice !

Nice pictures annie.

So how many western spirit trips have you gone on this year ?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Slides? Film? You still shoot film? Amazing shots. The last set seemed a bit dark, maybe it's the scan, but I'm guessing it's intentional for the mood, especially considering the quality of the first set.

BM

·
Registered
743 Posts
great pictures. I did the Western Spirit trip in the black hills of south dakota last summer and had a blast.

·
avg. joe
657 Posts
My hand is raised ...

My hand is raised for future subject matter shots. Just pay my way and give me some food and I will be more than happy ride my bike in your pics.

Thanks for the great shots!
STinGa

·
Registered
88 Posts
That looks beautiful, wish I was there...

Makes sitting in this office suck even more :madman:

Great shots by the way!

Thomas

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
Outstanding shots, they’re just fantastic grannyannie! An early start to capture shots like that is more then worth it!! :thumbsup:

Dave.

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bmadau said:
Slides? Film? You still shoot film? Amazing shots. The last set seemed a bit dark, maybe it's the scan, but I'm guessing it's intentional for the mood, especially considering the quality of the first set.

Yeah, slides, and I agree, upon first looking at that last set I was like 'damn those are too dark.' I was metering to get the light correct on that slab of rock next to Elke, not taking entirely into account how intense that early morning light can be, hence the super dark shadows, but ya know, they're starting to grow on me.
Thanks!

Anne

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
grannyannie said:
... I am forever thankful to my patient friends, mostly the good natured-ness of my token photo model for the trip who allowed me to roust her at 5:30am, drag her ass from her sleeping bag, and carry her bike up steep hills to get to my shooting locations.....
Those shots are so worth it. Thanks to both of you!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts