Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park

36K views 212 replies 37 participants last post by  BryceMtn 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Hi JT,

yes the direction right now will be 7 days/wk from June opening until Labor day wkend, then going to weekends from Sept until end of Oct. We have not established rates yet as they will depend on number of trails, completion, etc but they will be below $30 for a lift ticket and we'll have a variety of passes as well. We think that on most days hours will be around 12-6 or so with 12-8 on Friday/Sat but again these are moving targets!

#10 ·
Hi JT,

yes the direction right now will be 7 days/wk from June opening until Labor day wkend, then going to weekends from Sept until end of Oct. We have not established rates yet as they will depend on number of trails, completion, etc but they will be below $30 for a lift ticket and we'll have a variety of passes as well. We think that on most days hours will be around 12-6 or so with 12-8 on Friday/Sat but again these are moving targets!
I foresee a few ahem, ahem, "sick" days in my future!

#13 ·
Hi again,

I've received quite a few PM's thanks for that! Unfortunately I can't answer them yet as I have not hit the 10 post minimum but I will once I do. In the meantime to answer a few questions...

Yes I'm with Bryce Mtn
We're really anxious to get cracking, in fact we're waiting on the first demo of the bike rack for the chairlift being custom built for us.
Design by Gravity Logic out of Whistler, many of the features in the woods will be left up throughout the year but the features which will be on the ski slopes will have steel bases bolted into concrete foundations for easy removal to allow for snowmaking in the winter. These features will be designed by us/GL but built through a professional company. We may be looking for trail crew to help with build but do not know yet. We expect to be able to have most work done with a combination of our crew, GL project mgr and a couple of people who have helped build trails locally and in Northern VA. That being said, if you would like to, please PM me your contact info and I can reach out to you once we have more direction.

thanks!

#19 ·
Hi all,

Just an update, with all the recent snow we had stayed open for skiing and have not yet started to cut. That will now start within the next couple of weeks. I'm still pushing for a mid-end of June open date with the first 3-4 trails and learning area.

Demo bikes are being shipped. They will be Trek Session 8's and Slash 8's all sizes available. We haven't yet gotten our body armor or helmet programs. Waiting on a demo of the bike carrier we plan to use, still in engineering, however we have decided on the style which will be a roll on tray that will hold 3 bikes. No metal touching your rims, scratching, lifting, etc. Simply walk behind the lift, roll your bike on and get on the chair behind. Our staff will remove the bikes at the top.

Hours, we will be pushing for 7 days per week once we open. Mon-Fri 12-8pm, Sat 10-8pm, Sun 10-6pm please know that these could change once we get going.

Hopefully more news over the next few weeks along with pics of construction. We will also update our FB page pretty regularly once we get going.

#23 ·
Weekend update

Hi folks,

Just wanted to give a quick update in case you don't follow us on FB (we put quite a few updates there this week). Design has gone very well and we have a week of construction under our collective belts. We have Brad and Tom from 402 Trails/Gravity Logic project managing the crews which include our staff. Gotten a ton done. We've received the first of the rental bikes and I've included a pic of the bike carrier we had built for the lift in Oregon. This is a test unit for us to work the kinks out with but is the design we will be using.

Pricing is coming along as well. Tip, we will be giving discounts on day tickets to people who belong to organizations such as MORE, IMBA, SVBC, etc. Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

#30 ·
ditto for us as well! I got a chance to ride the top of the blue jump and the beginner run. Brad and Tom from 402 Trails (via Gravity Logic) are doing an incredible job. For thise that want to get their friends into the sport the green trail has an average grade of 4-6%, I barely used my brakes at all. For those that know what they're doing the blue and black runs are looking really promising! Bikes are rolling in and protective gear has started to come in as well for the rental program

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.