Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MTBiker
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend was the unfortunate recipient of a face plant today

It tore the skin and flesh completely off his forehead and badly scraped the rest of his face. Always wear your helmet, ESPECIALLY when you're just fooling around.

·
MTBiker
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We rode up this mountain that is a very popular mountain here for hiking and biking. At the top there is a platform, maybe 3 feet tall. He wore his full face all the way there, and then we get to the top and relax a little. He took off his helmet and just thinking nothing of it, he rode off. Weight too far forward, little experience, and not enough speed he flew right onto his face.

I called all my friends for a ride to the hospital but no one answered... and at that point determined it was really serious so I called 911. He got lots of stitches and needed plastic surgery

·
Registered
126 Posts
Holy sh*t! That is super nasty. I ripped open my eyebrow years ago and it required plastic surgery to fix. But it was nowhere near as bad as that.

·
MTBiker
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RosedaleReaper said:
brutal forehead plant. now i know why the EMTs had him on a spine board..hope that doesnt discourage him from riding again.
Yeah, they were not taking any chances especially with a head injury. He is already talking about getting back on the bike when he heals, so hopefully he doesn't sell it right away.

pro said:
Thank god for full face helmets!
Heh, he is so pissed that he wasn't wearing it. But yeah, I had a similar crash (except I was going about 15mph) right onto my face in a bunch of rocks. Broke the visor off which went bent down into the helmet and cut my chin, but it could have been much worse

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.