Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......so I'm flying downhill on my prophet 2000 and suddenly brrrraaapppp from the real wheel. Hmm. The shimano brake cable has 'slid' backwards in its cable retainers towards the rear caliper and the cable loop is now so big its interacting with my spokes. So I fix it and 2 minutes later, brrrraaapppppp. Sh%t.

I had to fix it by holding the cable against the rear left chain stay with a twig and a piece of innertube !!!

I had to laugh at the sight of my $$$$ bike with a trailside fix on it to make it work properly. I'll add a photo for your amusement.

I guss I am going to have to put a zip tie around my cable and use that as a cable stop to ensure the cable doesnt lslide backwards.

Anyone else experience this ??

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Mine had a zip-tie already there when I picked it up from the shop but I took it off before the first ride. It doesn't move 'yet' but I'll make sure to carry a zip-tie as a back-up for a twig, just in case.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I now have the cable zip tied to the left chain stay using one zip tie around cable, connected to one zip tie around small top tube of chain stay. Keeps cable away from spokes now but doesn't look so nice. Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.