Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... I was going business as usual, when I saw on TV that the Ajusco area got it first frozing of the season.. pretty much white here and there... brrrr...

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Old news from yesterday and the day before yesterday. From km 25 up has snow, didnt reach the ridable parts of SNT yet. It would be fun to go and ride up there.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
I'll worry when the snow reaches Chiluca!!! :D

Guys... any chance to do the Nevado?? Should be cool!

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warp said:
I'll worry when the snow reaches Chiluca!!! :D

Guys... any chance to do the Nevado?? Should be cool!
Cool? It should be freeezing, Warp! don't you ever watch the news? even, just look outside your window! j/k

Now, don't DARE to do Nevado this weekend, it's an absolute no-go for me! I'll kill ya if you can't wait for another weekend...

Well, this weekend I can't, but for next one I think I can join.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Cool? It should be freeezing, Warp! don't you ever watch the news? even, just look outside your window! j/k

Now, don't DARE to do Nevado this weekend, it's an absolute no-go for me! I'll kill ya if you can't wait for another weekend...

Well, this weekend I can't, but for next one I think I can join.
Well... yeah, I watched over the window at the office and yeah, Ajusco seems to be greyish at the top.

It should be cool riding there this weekend.

We can do Nevado anytime... it'll be snowy for a long time from now, I think.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
I'm freezing my ass off right now, i dont imagine riding this weekend in Ajusco, its gonna be DOPE.

I need to fill my camelback with coffee...

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tacubaya said:
I'm freezing my ass off right now, i dont imagine riding this weekend in Ajusco, its gonna be DOPE.

I need to fill my camelback with coffee...
coffee is a good idea, so is brandy... maybe I'll do both!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
coffee is a good idea, so is brandy... maybe I'll do both!
A little of booze before riding will get you into riding mood. And I mean A LITTLE!!! Otherwise, your reflexes may be fine, but your judgement may not be.

Hot milk is good too, but not for hydration... just for the cold.

Coffee will get you going but it may be too much of a good thing.

We'll see... Maybe I'll ride with you guys... OTOH, falls in the cold hurt even more!

·
karmacoma
635 Posts
while on the subject...
weather is freaking cold right now (at least for mexico standards)... but i dont want to quit riding on my weekends, so what kind of cold weather gear do u guys wear/are planning to wear to ride nevado?
monday I wore 4 layers of shirts and a windproof jacket... (sleevless jersey, shor sleeve cotton, long sleeve jersey, shor sleeve jersey), long lycras, & fullfinger gloves. and still felt cold

Im thinking on getting a balaclava or something to breathe warmer air and cover my neck area.

btw... speaking of clothes,I got some goodies I havent shown u guys:
I know warps gonna want to have one just like it:

Attachments

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
I'm riding this weekend, even if I have to wear 5 layers of clothing, just get some earmuffs and some skying gloves! :D

Seriously, El Nevado might not be a good idea. Not because of the cold, but because of all the people who want to build snowmen on the hoods of their cars!!! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
oh yeah riding in ajusco this weekend will be a blast!!!.. hardpacked as hell and maybe with a thin layer of ice in the shadowey (is tahat a word) parts...

As for the riding gear, I would think a good canvas jacket with out the fleece (sp?) will do. The problem will be in the hands though. Not sure what to use there. Skiing gloves?? for sure they'll be warm, but not sure how recomendable are to ride due to their bulky size.

Anyways, I am planning on going on Sunday.. I have other plans for Saturday which I'll make public in another post in case someone is interested.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Pretty please with sugar on the top and melting caramel icecream on the sides :)

Take pictures and post them if y'all ride :D

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Im going to SNT on Sunday, wearing jeans, long sleeve tshirt and a chaleco, full face, maybe some skiing gloves and long socks.

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Just an idea since I saw you were talking about it: I`ve tried wearing ski gloves when it gets really cold but it`s hard for me to grip to grip the bars that way. The most comfortable way for me turns out to be a thin pair of nylon gloves that I found at the supermarket under a pair of cotton gardening gloves with little rubber spots for gripping a shovel. I don`t know if anyone else does it that way, but that`s what I end up doing. I also wear a knitted cap under my helmet if I need to and a lot of thin clothes (like Triphop and Madaleno mentioned) so you can take off some when you start getting hot and don`t end up soaked with sweat. When you guys talk about the Nevado, you don`t mean in Colima, do you? I don`t know much about the middle of the country.

311 Posts
Coffe and T.V is better for the cold!

seriously... I think to roll little and in a schedule adapted with sun :cool:

and more coffe!!! chela no :nono:

Warp!??... Gambox??!! where we are going to roll? :)

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
ROCKY_RENE said:
Coffe and T.V is better for the cold!

seriously... I think to roll little and in a schedule adapted with sun :cool:

and more coffe!!! chela no :nono:

Warp!??... Gambox??!! where we are going to roll? :)
Chilucazo?

Aunque el Ajusco estaría Chido!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
Ya vente al ajusco, para eso estoy arreglando la cleta para que sea examinada por el profeta warp
El gas es el transporte... Contaba con Rito, pero el va a hacer trail repair...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts