Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I haven't ridden Brown's in a while...8-9 years ago when I was really riding a ton at night, we used to ride this all the time. I've seen a few threads posting some issues with closures etc...and I know the trail from the ravine "Marina" area to the old salmon falls area has always been a bit of a grey area. Does anyone know the status of things out there besides obviously the marina is dirt right now? I would like to do a casual night ride out there on Friday with some friends but don't want to get run off by rangers or psycho rich homeowners who didnt have houses in that area 9 years ago. :nono:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW! My how things have changed!!! What an a**hole!!!!!!!! I had a buddy that used to ride with us at night packing a small pistol...he would have fired back at that jackass psycho vermin!

So, from what I am reading and what I see on google's satellite image, it's really only an issue near Falcon Crest Lane...we only took it to where it hit the roadside creek along Salmon Falls Rd...we usually would hit that creek, cross and ride the road back to the cars parked off Francisco. It was a kick in the pants back then...I am really curious about how much or little the trail has changed. Things must have turned pretty sour out there with other trail users/homeowners because we rode out there during the day without issue...everyone we ever saw was always nice. I remember a small, over the hill climb out there where it did parallel a house that had some dogs...I wonder if that is this guy's place. Never was shot at though. Thank you for the heads up...perhaps we'll ride Auburn or something else.

·
Registered
668 Posts
You will be fine all the way out to the demo forrest by falcon crest. The dogs are still there and still like to bark, occasionally there is a black lab in the open area before the little climb to the dogs that will bite and chase. I have been riding there for 4 years and only had bad encounters with the a=hole by falcon crest. I rode from falcon crest to browns last week and the trails are in great shape.

cbx said:
WOW! My how things have changed!!! What an a**hole!!!!!!!! I had a buddy that used to ride with us at night packing a small pistol...he would have fired back at that jackass psycho vermin!

So, from what I am reading and what I see on google's satellite image, it's really only an issue near Falcon Crest Lane...we only took it to where it hit the roadside creek along Salmon Falls Rd...we usually would hit that creek, cross and ride the road back to the cars parked off Francisco. It was a kick in the pants back then...I am really curious about how much or little the trail has changed. Things must have turned pretty sour out there with other trail users/homeowners because we rode out there during the day without issue...everyone we ever saw was always nice. I remember a small, over the hill climb out there where it did parallel a house that had some dogs...I wonder if that is this guy's place. Never was shot at though. Thank you for the heads up...perhaps we'll ride Auburn or something else.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the demo forest that little stand of pines out there that look (albeit only for a few minutes) like you're up in the Sierras? I remember that spot I think...been so long I cant remember.

·
Registered
44 Posts
cbx said:
...we only took it to where it hit the roadside creek along Salmon Falls Rd...we usually would hit that creek, cross and ride the road back to the cars parked off Francisco. It was a kick in the pants back then... I remember a small, over the hill climb out there where it did parallel a house that had some dogs...I wonder if that is this guy's place.
The roadside creek you talk about is New York Creek. It now has a large bridge over it. Turn right at the end of the bridge to get back to salmon falls road just like you use to.

The houses you parallel on the hill still have dogs, but not guns. He is well past new york creek.

I road it yesterday and it was in good shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.