Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simon, Jordan and I got out for a ride yesterday morning on a sort of mythical, old school ride that a lot of locals here have heard about but have never ridden.

Brown Dot is a line I pieced together some 17 or 18 years ago down a huge lava flow turned into rolling dacite slick rock. It's a complicated maze of technical steep riding that connects around a thousand vertical feet of slab riding on Mount Eldens southeast facing slopes.

our friend Kevin brought out his drone to document the only descent of this legendary line in the last 15 years. You can literally count the number of people that have ridden this thing in your two hands.

I'm extremely excited to put this edit together as it will have a lot of unseen and undocumented riding in it.

stay tuned for the edit, I'll Definitely post it up here once it's done.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Very nice. Slabs are my favorite.
I have been curious about this route for a very long time. Looking forward to seeing more.

I think this is a good direction for a lot of us flag locals given the state of things post fire meaning that there can and should be other routes in area too.
I have found myself hanging out in the paradise cave / forces of nature area sessioning various rocks close to home post fire.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. Slabs are my favorite.
I have been curious about this route for a very long time. Looking forward to seeing more.

I think this is a good direction for a lot of us flag locals given the state of things post fire meaning that there can and should be other routes in area too.
I have found myself hanging out in the paradise cave / forces of nature area sessioning various rocks close to home post fire.
There's no trails to this slab or from it. It's a pretty gnarly bushwhack and hike a bike up giant rocks and through the oak. Its worth it if you're into the type two sort of fun stuff and really like steep slab riding but for the most part I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Love it! There’s a hillside north of Ely along US93 with a series of mostly connected slabs I’ve been eyeballing for awhile now. You’ve given me the inspiration to hike-a-bike up there and see if I can connect them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love it! There's a hillside north of Ely along US93 with a series of mostly connected slabs I've been eyeballing for awhile now. You've given me the inspiration to hike-a-bike up there and see if I can connect them.

Love it! There's a hillside north of Ely along US93 with a series of mostly connected slabs I've been eyeballing for awhile now. You've given me the inspiration to hike-a-bike up there and see if I can connect them.

Rad! I'd go go hike it first without the bike, that way if it doesn't go you didn't take the bike along for nuthin! Post up if you do, I'd love to see some pictures of the line.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Rad! I'd go go hike it first without the bike, that way if it doesn't go you didn't take the bike along for nuthin! Post up if you do, I'd love to see some pictures of the line.
Good idea. A buddy and I dinked around on some of the lower slabs one winter day (11 years ago, apparently!) when everything else was snowed in, but as I drive by I see they extend almost clear up to the ridge. No idea how rideable or connectable they are or whether I can access the ridge from the back or from Axe Handle pass about two miles to the South, but I'm definitely going to check it out. I'll report back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.