Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I have a little seat for my 3 year old that sits in between my seat and handle bars, and would love to take him on some mellow, rolling, and flowy trails while visiting brown county. It looks like Limkiln, Pine Loop, and Homestead would be the best options, but I would love to know your thoughts or any other suggestions! Bonus points for any double track as we also have a 1 year old that we could take in a bike carrier.

Thank you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
This may tougher than you assume. Even Limekiln and Pine Loop have some tight spots and besides that, what goes down has to come up on the way back. Plus hot and humid. Not so easy solo, add 20lbs+ kid and it's a challenge. If you can get a lift to Oggle Hollow parking (or a ride back to campsites) start with Limekiln, hop down the road to North Gate and get back onto trail down to bottom parking lot/Pine Loop fork. Even riding road may be much with a kid over the frame - gets extremely fast down hill and you better have brakes for it (and the rest of the setup that can handle the stress). If you're into that, add ride down the road to Oggle Lake - it's a blast (you'll pay for that on the way up though). Bike carrier riding - I can't think of trails flat enough to pull even more weight unless you're into slogging it - maybe just a road ride on the top "plateau" between campsites and observation tower. If you're adventurous and really want to pull that carrier, you may try 10 O'Clock trail though there will be some ruts before you get into crushed rock fire break type trails in the woods. Some hills will be challenging on the way up and don't venture into Lucas Hollow (very nice) even though it's labelled as blue much less so onto Crooked Creek Loop (great trail off the usual path).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.