Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm possibly going on a trip to Brown County, IN for some cross country riding on April 12th. I was wondering if i could get some help on gearing selection for riding in the area. Any info is helpful, thanks!

·
29er and 26er
685 Posts
Hi all I'm possibly going on a trip to Brown County, IN for some cross country riding on April 12th. I was wondering if i could get some help on gearing selection for riding in the area. Any info is helpful, thanks!
I would say bring some extra cogs or free-wheels and swap out if you need a different gear once you get to see the lay of the land. One guy may get around fine with a 33x16 where someone else needs a 33x20.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I will for sure bring a few different cogs I was just looking for a starting point and now i have it. I'm pretty excited I've heard nothing but amazing things about Brown County.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I ran a 32;18 on a 29er with high volume tire when came through brown county. it was a little easy but I was there to enjoy a new trail, not blow through an awazing trail at race pace that I may never get to ride again.

BTW- This trail was simply amazing. I had no clue that it was going to be so much fun. Cross country crack for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.