Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know wich bike manufacturers use Brose systems?
I live in Montreal, Quebec and found no retailer. I read positive things and would like to try it. Thanks

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Fantic and Bulls have some bikes with Brose motors

·
Registered
189 Posts
I demoed 6 different e-bikes before deciding on the Levo which uses the Brose motor. Not sure why most manufactures are using the Shimano steps motor which is way louder. I liked the Pivot Shuttles handling but it was just to noisy. When your on the trail people will know your on an e-bike. The Levo is completely stealth. The only comments I get when ridding the Levo are from experienced bike riders looking at purchasing one. Since you live in Canada check out the Rocky Mountain Powerplay before making your purchase.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I am looking for a fat or some + HT. From Raleigh website for 2019 they have none that might interest me, other brands are not retailed in my area. I am not going to choose Shimano 8000, i read the 7000 produces less noise so i will try to demo that and a Specialized. Rocky Mountain only offers FS and i read their pulleys system is quite noisy but who knows. Shimano might be focussing on marketing, light and affordable and some people blindly trust them so i can see manufacturers wanting to be associated with them but i know what i want and i am in no rush to find a good match.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks everyone. I am looking for a fat or some + HT. From Raleigh website for 2019 they have none that might interest me, other brands are not retailed in my area. I am not going to choose Shimano 8000, i read the 7000 produces less noise so i will try to demo that and a Specialized. Rocky Mountain only offers FS and i read their pulleys system is quite noisy but who knows. Shimano might be focussing on marketing, light and affordable and some people blindly trust them so i can see manufacturers wanting to be associated with them but i know what i want and i am in no rush to find a good match.
BH Bikes ATOM BIG BUD PRO
Dirt. Sand. Snow. Rocks. The ATOM BIG BUD Pro hits every seasonal need with a balanced ride, traditional mountain bike spec yet fully rack compatible for a serious backcountry adventure.

Fork • Rock Shox Bluto 100mm of travel
Motor • Brose 250W
Derailleur • Shimano Deore 1x10
Brakes • Tektro Auriga E-Comp with 203/180mm rotors
Tires • Kenda Chaoyang 26 x 4
Battery • 600Wh
Size • MD

$3,999.00

Reactions: 33red

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Specialized for sure! Very quiet & strong motor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. Brose is the king right now I believe. Brose Mag S is key since they made the case out of magnesium and lost about a pound of weight I believe.

And then Specialized Levo Version 2.0 worked with Brose to eliminate the mounting bracket to attach to the bike. So Specialized bikes accept a special Brose Mag S and mounts it directly to the frame. Saves almost a pound of weight too.

What Brose does well is it's very quiet with a belt-drive inside. Power delivery is smooth and seamless too. Software too, especially the Specialized with configurability of modes is good.

Reactions: 33red
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.