Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is'nt a mountain trail ?, but I would like to take a bike ride over the Brooklyn or Manhattan bridge into Manhattan, has anyone ever done this, I'm gona be coming from N.J & would like to know were can I park my truck to unload the bike & start my trip over one of the bidges. Thanks, Tim.

·
Registered
86 Posts
parking shouldnt be too bad on the brooklyn side of the bridges. But if you are coming from NJ, are you taking the holland or the goethals?

both sides of the bridge has ample parking but in manhatttan it will be further away from the bridge entrance ( but you are riding so it might be a good warm up)

The brooklyn bridge is more scenic than the manhtattan bridge so if you are visiting you will have a better experience on the brooklyn bridge. The ride it self is pretty ok, nice incline going up to the middle. And many many spots to take pictures

And you are in for a treat, NYC has added some waterfall systems under the bridges with lights at night.

So on the brooklyn side there is alot of parking but spread out area. there is no official park and ride type of parking.

hope that helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.