Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an all mountain bike to replace my Turner 5-Spot. I've demo'd the Yeti SB5C, Pivot Mach6 and Santa Cruz Bronson so far. The Yeti felt serviceable, but I was all grins on the Mach6 and Bronson. They both climbed well and descending was unreal. I've pretty much decided on a 6" 27.5 bike.

In looking at similar bikes, the Intense Tracer T275C looks very comparable to the Bronson. Very similar geometry - slightly slacker HT and shorter chainstays. It won Interbike, but doesn't appear to get much love except on the Intense forums. Curious if anyone has ridden both (T275C and Bronson) and how it compares to the Bronson (or Mach6)? My local Intense dealer does not have a Medium demo for me to try otherwise I'd find out for myself. :D

Bike HTA Eff TT STA CS BB WB Travel
In T275C 66.5 23 74.5 17 13.5 45.25 160
Pivot M6 66 23.25 72.3 16.95 13.6 44.85 155
Bronson 67 22.99 73 17.28 13.62 45.87 150

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, love this thread. All three of these bikes are at the top of my consideration set. I'm also thinking of the new carbon Nomad and the Trek Slash 9. Looking forward to responses!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI - I reposted here and got more responses. And some more good info here.

So many good choices these days! Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
The Tracer T275 all the way! This bike crushes the competition. Way better than my Enduro I came of and I pass guys on Bronsons and Mach 6's all day long. I did ride a Bronson and felt it didn't quite climb as good as the Tracer T275. And the tracer just is so fast and confidence inspiring on the downhills! lightweight too!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Tracer and Bronson have the same rear suspension . Sizing is slightly different between the two, I would pick the one with the components you want and fits better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own both bikes and it really depends where you ride the bike. The Tracer rips when I take it to Snowshoe WV but the Bronson rides better here in the trails here in Miami. In my opinion the Tracer rips downhill but the Bronson is more responsive. I just posted my Tracer in the classifieds. You cant go wrong with either bike. The are both awesome!!

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
I own both bikes and it really depends where you ride the bike. The Tracer rips when I take it to Snowshoe WV but the Bronson rides better here in the trails here in Miami. In my opinion the Tracer rips downhill but the Bronson is more responsive. I just posted my Tracer in the classifieds. You cant go wrong with either bike. The are both awesome!!
I'm guessing he made his decision a couple years ago... :)

But, it is kinda good that you brought it up because that's a question that could likely be revisited. I know the Bronson is a different bike from '14 and I would also assume the Tracer is as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts