Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been watching all the fanfare of the 27.5 wheels and I think I have decided to join in. I am moving to northern California and want to get a new bike to compliment my Yeti SB-95. Looking into the 27.5 bike to have a more playful all around type of bike and I leaning towards going carbon with a lower end build kit.

The three bikes I am looking at all seem to get good reviews and people generally seem to like them across the board. The process 134 and 153 have the great new geo but no carbon offering this year and the bronson has been hyped since it came out and is praised. The remedy also seems to be good. I have had treks before and I have had good luck with them.

All that being said I keep trying to narrow it down and pick a bike but I cant seem to as of yet. Thats why I am asking for some opinions/ suggestions on what might be a good route to go. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Being the Devinci fanboy that I'm realizing I've become, check out the Devinci Troy paired with the XP build kit or a Norco Sight Carbon. The 7.2 build for the Sight gets you into a decent spec on a carbon frame. The XP spec on the Troy is better in my opinion. Both of those get you into what you're looking for for $3500 or less.That being said, the 3 you mentioned will be a blast.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bronson. I cant speak for the Process, But the Bronson is awesome. The Remedy was kinda squirrely when it came to steering, and treks full suspension design does not pedal as well as Santa Cruz. Just my 2 cents. Personally I'd rather have an Al frame and a higher spec build kit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Process (153) all the way, its a bit heavier than the bronson, but the whole bike and back end is amazingly stiff
looses nothing to carbon in that respect (lifetime warranty too)
and easily handles 50k welsh mountain epics.
Process also has shorter chainstays and longer reach designed around a short stem, compared to bronsons cramped cockpit- all adds up to an amazingly confident bike that loves to pop, jump, rail berms and be a hooligan. The Bronson felt more xc than play.
Can you guess what bike I chose?
only upgrade id recommend would be a 1x drivetrain

1897699_10152345537043408_529060798_n.jpg

not ridden a remedy but light and fast, geo sits between the 2 above

1 - 4 of 4 Posts