Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any compatibility issues with this stealth routed post to be aware of, especially if a person is manually adusting the post a bunch. I variate between 7" of adjustment for max climb and max descend position on current bike, if general XC/trail riding, just keep in same spot so I don't have to get off bike a bunch to adjust. I am getting my Bronson frame next week and haven't chose what dropper post I plan to use yet. I have KS Supernatural 150 lever post on current bike that was formerly a remote cable version (like to go back to remote for new bike, especially for up/down/up/down trail riding), but tore cables in races at ill-opportuned times and cable actuation was really finicky if cable was binding anywhere, so went lever and haven't had any issues using post besides having to reach down between the saddle whenever approaching a descent section. My concern with the LEV Integra is if cable binds in seat tube like BIKE reviewers said it can when manually adjusting the seatpost height and can mess with the cable actuation/tension and performance of post. Is this an issue for others that are on Bronsons and manually adjust there seatpost from time to time or not a factor or all? If it is, will probably just go with LEV external since RS doesn't have a Reverb Stealth 150 in 30.9. LEV Integra is basically the only 150 Stealth routed post that I am aware of in 30.9. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
the integra up until the current model is not really suitable for use on santa cruz frames due to the combination of cable routing and the fact that the housing needs to move to actuate the post. on the current lev the cable end is stationary and the housing moves. some frames there is enough slack for this to not cause an issue, like when the cable is routed up through the downtube. however on the sc the cable comes straight out the bottom of the seat tube and would need to slide through that hole. I heard the lev actuator mech is being redesigned to address this but havent seen anything definitive. I went with the normal lev which works fine because its still stationary cable attachment and lets you use the top tube routing instead of just zip tying the cable to the rear brake hose

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have the LEV Integra on my TB 2 and the original set up was a PIA because of the housing having to move. I was able to send my post in to KS and they retro-fitted the actuator under warranty and now it works great with no housing movement at all.

So, I would say if you can get it with the new actuator go that route...if not then you could just send it in when you got it and have them retrofit it.

Turn around time was @ 3 weeks for mine.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the LEV Integra on my TB 2 and the original set up was a PIA because of the housing having to move. I was able to send my post in to KS and they retro-fitted the actuator under warranty and now it works great with no housing movement at all.

So, I would say if you can get it with the new actuator go that route...if not then you could just send it in when you got it and have them retrofit it.QUOTE]

Cryde, with the new actuator and stationary housing on KS Integra post, can you still manually raise or lower the post if need be without messing the actuation/cable tension up?

·
Registered
105 Posts

So, I would say if you can get it with the new actuator go that route...if not then you could just send it in when you got it and have them retrofit it.QUOTE]

Just make sure the knuckleheads at KS send you all the necessary parts in the upgrade. Others haven't received all the parts needed nor instructions to connect the cable correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI. Yep seatpost have a same actuator. But last 50cm is a link-style.
Just do it with integra. Add ~20cm piece of Alligator i-link. Now it works flawlessly. No issues. For all, who wan't wait for warranty replacement.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If you can wait I'd HIGHLY suggest getting the Thomson stealth, which is supposed to be shipping any day now. My non-stealth Thomson blows the Reverb and Lev away in terms of fell and solidity, and Thomson is great to deal with if you have warranty issues.

·
Registered
360 Posts
jgusta......I have moved my post a little fine tuning the ride height and it has not messed with the cable tension and dropper movement. I have not pulled it out or moved it a bunch. My best guess is though that it will not mess with it. Not 100% though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
DrewBird....Everything I've heard and from Thomson is that new Covert post will be May 1st. Have you heard sooner or have a lead on one? I'm planning on putting the new Thomson one on my Bronson. Hate waiting though.

If you can wait I'd HIGHLY suggest getting the Thomson stealth, which is supposed to be shipping any day now. My non-stealth Thomson blows the Reverb and Lev away in terms of fell and solidity, and Thomson is great to deal with if you have warranty issues.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they only made one in 6" at least. 5" posts don't get it for me unfortunatley since I am fairly long-legged and like my post fully out of the way when jumping/descending.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys,
i just got new bronson frame and i would like to ask you a question about rubber insert in seat tube for seatpost cable...
do i have to just cut it throughout with knife so i can slip cable inside? or is it already cut and i need just to break it through? i guess it's simple, but just don't want to do anything wrong... thx for help

View attachment 973671

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.