Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor, who is visiting for the summer, broke his Trek Fuel on our nice, rocky trails. Trek will not cover it, since he bought it from a web liquidator instead of an authorized Trek dealer.

He is looking for a replacement, ht or fs is ok, but the frame needs to be v-brake compatible . If you have anything you'd like to get rid of, post up or send me a pm.

Dan, thanks for trying to help with the warranty :)

Thanks!!!,
Dave

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I've got an old (98) Rockhopper I've been meaning to get rid of. 19inch with an old school Marzocchi coil Atom Bomb M2. It's in pretty good shape with some fairly quality components on it. PM me if interested.

HEres a picture. I have a different rear wheel on now. THe current rear is a Mavic X517 rim laced to an XT hub. I have the XTR hub that used to be on there but that rim got bent. I'd throw that in as well. I also have taken off the "boots" on the stanchions. Rebuilt the fork with new oil and seals about 50 miles ago

XT front and rear derailleur
XTR cassette
XT V brakes
XT brake levers
STX shifters (I love these shifters and think they shift better than the XTR shifters on my Superlight)
front wheel. XTR hub, 217 SUP rim laced to XTR hub
cranks are stock Specialized

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
Wow... right at a weld. Trek oughta give him some love...
Is that sarcasm?

(the frame is carbon fiber)

_MK

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MK_ said:
Is that sarcasm?

(the frame is carbon fiber)

_MK
The part that broke is aluminum, right at the weld. Its clearly defective. This is making me reconsider Trek as a company, even though their new bikes look good.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,453 Posts
davec113 said:
The part that broke is aluminum, right at the weld. Its clearly defective. This is making me reconsider Trek as a company, even though their new bikes look good.
I was starting to think it was some sort of aluminum-looking carbon fiber. :D

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
SkaredShtles said:
I was starting to think it was some sort of aluminum-looking carbon fiber. :D
My bad, I didn't realize they made their BB shell out of aluminum.

_MK

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Wow, I heard they would hook you up even if you were not the original owner if you get in touch with the correct people. Do some research I read a thread on mtbr regarding that.
That is the same bike as my short travel frame. It is a really fun bike.
You mean you don't approve of my old ride?
Oh my, it's my old guild guitar built up !

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
It may be partially carpet fiber, but that BB area is aluminum.
It's definitely vast majority CF, otherwise it would be beautiful hydro forming job. Anyway, there's a big OCLV logo by the seatpost clamp.

_MK

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.