Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish it were a fork I busted, but it's bone in my left foot. Ankle twisted 90 degrees (bottom of foot facing other leg) and broken Talus bone went through the skin of the upper foot. Sorry, no camera to share the image with you. Maybe an xray later.

Thanks to the Fire Dept folks who wheeled my butt down two miles of National on Christmas Eve and to the folks who helped me get help and waited wth me. Doc's got me fixed up for now, and I'm hoping to leave the hospital tomorrow.

Sure do wish I hadn't f'ed up. Hope to be riding again someday.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Get well soon!

jae said:
I wish it were a fork I busted, but it's bone in my left foot. Ankle twisted 90 degrees (bottom of foot facing other leg) and broken Talus bone went through the skin of the upper foot. Sorry, no camera to share the image with you. Maybe an xray later.

Thanks to the Fire Dept folks who wheeled my butt down two miles of National on Christmas Eve and to the folks who helped me get help and waited wth me. Doc's got me fixed up for now, and I'm hoping to leave the hospital tomorrow.

Sure do wish I hadn't f'ed up. Hope to be riding again someday.
That's a real shame to have happen on Christmas Eve. Hope everything heals up and you have a full recovery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dstepper said:
Actually I don't want to see it, but I am curious how you did it?
I was coming down National with a buddy and was riding the high line on a feature I believe is referred to as the "bermuda triangle", went off line, and and tried to hop off. Was falling left, and left ankle broke on impact. Ridden that damn thing litterally dozens of times, but it turned out bad that day.

I didn't get out of the hostipal the other day as I had hoped. Had to go under the knife again last night. Looks like another couple of days here.

Anway, thanks to all for the well wishes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.